~Kissing Booth~

R/n: Random Name (Female)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n's POV

"Y/n, Y/n!" a classmate of mine yelled as she ran up to me frantically. "They need you to cover R/n's shift at the kissing booth!"

"Huh?" I looked at her incredulously, mid-chew as I held a hotdog in my hand.

"She threw up so they need you to replace her!" she explained, looking back and forth between me and the direction of the kissing booth.

I laughed, "That's disgusting. Why the fuck would I participate if it literally made R/n throw up."

"'Cause B/f/n said you would since she doesn't wanna be there alone."

I gave her my "you're playing" look and she opened her mouth to speak again,

"And you'll get paid."

Fuck, I kinda do need some money.

I groaned and finished the last bite of my hotdog before brushing the crumbs off my hands.

"Fine," I agreed.

She grinned and ran off while I followed behind her.

It's currently April— the month of my school's yearly fundraising. Because it's an annual event, practically our whole district shows up with rides and games serving as entertainment. There are also all kinds of things like raffles and concession booths (that sell amazing hot dogs) and all the other things you'd imagine would be at an amusement park or carnival.

Our school's famous kissing booth (I still don't know how it managed to get approved this year) consists of a stage with four little desks, one girl each at two of the desks and one boy each at the other two desks. High schoolers stand in line and pay with their tickets to the lady at the table in front of the stage and then go to whichever desk they want. Five dollars for a kiss on the cheek and eight for one on the lips. In my opinion, they should've made the prices way higher.

I blanched at the long line before walking through the curtains and onto the stage from the back. B/f/n smirked at me as she waved.

"You're a lifesaver Y/n," she said. "It would've sucked if I had to get through that line all by myself."

"Yeah I'm the greatest friend on this whole damn planet, so you owe me for this."

"Geez, you could act less angry about it," she complained.

Someone came over to spray hand sanitizer on my hands and give me a piece of gum. She kindly left a small basket filled with more gum, mouthwash, and mouth spray on my desk while I glared at B/f/n.

"My bad, I'm actually so happy 'cause I love kissing strangers," I stated sarcastically.

"It's for our school! Don't you believe in public education!" she cried dramatically.

Cue the you're playing face.

Suddenly, the kissing booth reopened and people started slowly walking up onto the stage. I was safe for a good ten minutes as I rested my chin on my hand in boredom. Maybe my face of annoyance was helping ward people off.

"Y/n! Your first customer is here!" B/f/n shouted excitedly.

I looked at the person who sat down across from me and internally groaned. Just my luck— of course I'm the one who gets the school F-boy.