~Shy~

Third POV

Y/n sat in her bedroom reading a book as C/n silently studied her. He could watch her read for hours and he smirked at the thought of the reaction she'd give if he were to tell her that fact out loud. Y/n is a very shy girl and though it had been 3 months since they'd started dating, C/n was still usually the one to initiate physical affection because of her timidness.

He watched her for a couple of moments before a smirk formed on his face as he came up with an idea. Because of her intense focus on her book, Y/n was oblivious to C/n's conniving expression.

"Y/n do you like hugging me?" he asked innocently.

Y/n flipped her head toward C/n and set down her book. She was surprised by his question which seemed to have come out of nowhere.

"Yes, of course I do," she replied.

Standing up from her bed, C/n approached Y/n, sitting down in front of her on the bedroom floor. He calmly reached for her hand, interlacing their fingers as he observed her expression blossom from confusion to embarrassment. Y/n's hand automatically started sweating and she felt slightly frustrated at the feeling of nervousness that began building inside her.

"Do you like holding my hand?" C/n asked as he stared her down.

She meekly nodded while expertly avoiding his gaze. Y/n knew logically that C/n would never judge her, but she couldn't help but feel nervous anyway in their relationship.

"Hmm. So have you ever thought about kissing me?"

Her mouth slightly opened in surprise and she finally looked into C/n's eyes as she attempted to formulate a reply. Meanwhile, C/n was trying to hold back a grin at the effect he had on her.

"Why are you asking me these questions?" Y/n asked timidly as she glanced toward her bedroom wall.

"Well, I was just curious. You know our relationship is pretty one-sided since I'm the one always kissing you."

Y/n swayed her body from side to side to reduce the tension forming as she tried to come up with a way to explain her feelings.

"I like you more than you like me," Y/n stated firmly.

C/n looked at her slightly baffled, "No you don't." He was not expecting that response from her and was slightly worried that she thought that way.

"Just because I don't have the guts to initiate our kisses doesn't mean I don't think about it," Y/n mumbled.

After confessing her thoughts, Y/n quickly pulled her hand away from C/n's and turned her torso so that he couldn't see the redness on her face.

"I-I don't want you to think our relationship is one-sided or that I don't like you as much as you like me because it's not true," she continued speaking. "I never stop thinking about you I'm just too much of a wimp to do anything about it."

Silence hung in the air before it was finally broken by a quiet chuckle from C/n.

"It's not funny!" Y/n cried out.

She felt mortified and C/n quickly regretted laughing knowing that it must've been hard for Y/n to voice her feelings to him.

C/n gently pulled Y/n to face him before bringing her body close. He dragged his hand up her neck so it rested in her hair on the back of her head. Bringing her face towards his so their foreheads were touching, he stared at her intensely and the proximity forced Y/n to stare at him right back.

"I'm not laughing at you babe. I was just messing with you, I don't think our relationship is one-sided and I know you're really shy. It's one of the things I love about you, and don't ever think you like me more than I like you."

Y/n grumbled and looked to the side in an attempt to cool down the heat that emitted from her cheeks.

"You know you could kiss me anytime," C/n stated bluntly.

Y/n gasped and pulled her face from his, covering her expression with her hands, "Doesn't mean it's easy for me!"

He laughed again, "Yeah I know."

"You could just kiss me then if you know so much," she mumbled.

"Hm? I didn't hear that," C/n teased as he leaned forward.

"Nothing! Never mind."

C/n scooched closer to Y/n, closing the distance that she attempted to put between them. He pulled her hands away from her face and grinned when she finally met his eyes.

"You're so damn cute," he stated before leaning in to kiss her.

It was only a light peck but the effect was instant.

"C/n, warn me next time!" Y/n complained.

He barked out a laugh as he pulled her into a hug, saving her the effort of having to cover her face to hide her expression.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. Your reactions are just too priceless."

She let out a groan, "Stop teasing me."

"Alright alright. Look me in the eyes Y/n."

C/n slightly pushed her back from his body and Y/n reluctantly made eye contact with him, trying her best not to look away.

"When I want to kiss you I'll look at you like this," he leaned forward and placed his hand on her cheek. "Then I might put my hand on your cheek," he moved his hand down and curled his arm around her waist, "or I'll pull you close."

Y/n slowly gulped but maintained his intense stare as she clung to his every word.

"Then, I'll lean in, slowly," he grinned.

Y/n glared at his emphasis on the word slowly, but it was quickly wiped away when she realized that C/n really was leaning in. Their faces were millimeters apart and she slowly shut her eyes.

"And then I'll kiss you," he mumbled.

C/n softly pressed his lips against hers. Time seemed to slow down for Y/n, and she subconsciously moved her hand to hold onto his shoulder, unknowingly using C/n for support as she felt herself become lighter.

C/n slowly pulled away moments later, "See, not too bad right?"

Y/n's mouth hung slightly open from the kiss as she tried to form a coherent sentence. After staring at him for a couple of moments, she resorted to just dropping her head onto his shoulder.

"Thanks for always being so patient with me," she whispered to him.

C/n grinned as he wrapped both arms around Y/n to pull her in tighter, closing any gaps between their bodies. Turning her head, Y/n buried her face into his neck and she finally felt her nerves die down.

"I'm always teasing you, so it's only fair," C/n replied.

Y/n smiled, deciding that she was getting better at the whole showing affection thing even if it didn't always feel like it.