~Mall~

Y/n's POV

I was walking around with my best friend at our local mall. We were having a lot of fun and the mall wasn't too packed thankfully. When we saw our favorite clothing store, we decided to go in.

As we neared the entrance, I felt a tap on my shoulder and B/f/n giggled after we turned around.

I faced the stranger who tapped me. He seemed to be around my age and looked kind of familiar. Maybe I've seen him around the halls since our school is pretty big. It looked like his friend was standing not too far behind him who I think also goes to our school. He was staring at us while trying to hold back his laughter.

"Hi?" I said, a question clear in my tone.

He smiled shyly, "Hi, I'm C/n. I saw you a couple of minutes ago at the ice cream stand and I was wondering if I could get your number."

I grinned, "I'm Y/n, and sure, give me your phone."

I've never been asked out in public by a stranger before, it's kind of exciting.

C/n's POV

Thank god she said yes.

Y/n's POV

He took out his phone while his friend behind him started whooping in congratulations. C/n turned around, sticking up the middle finger at him, and his friend only laughed in reply.

I typed in my number and introduced C/n to B/f/n, who was trying to conceal her excitement. When they finished meeting each other, C/n motioned for C/b/f/n to come over.

"This is my friend, C/b/f/n," C/n said as he introduced his friend.

"Hey, I'm Y/n."

"And I'm B/f/n."

"Hey. C/n and I were just walking around looking at clothes if you guys wanna hang out with us."

B/f/n and I looked at each other and we had a telepathic conversation through our eye contact before I answered.

"Yeah sounds fun. We were gonna go to the movies in like an hour if you guys wanted to come."

C/n smiled, "Sounds cool."

We walked into the store and chatted as we started picking out clothes for each other. It turns out that they do go to our school but C/n said he didn't recognize me when I explained that I'd thought I'd seen him around campus.

"Wow, so then you're the one who checked me out first," he joked.

"Yeah, sure," I replied while rolling my eyes, a grin present on my face.

After the movies, we all walked back to the parking lot.

 "This was a lot of fun, we should all hang out again sometime," C/n said.

"Yeah, text me," I replied.

We all waved our goodbyes and walked to our cars. When B/f/n and I were inside my car, she turned to me with a knowing smirk.

"They were nice," she said.

"Yeah," I replied simply.

"So what you think about C/n?" she prodded.

"He's cute and pretty funny."

"Mhm," B/f/n hummed, "and..."

"And what?"

"You gonna ask him out?"

I looked at her with an incredulous expression.

"Fuck no, he can ask me out." She laughed. "Plus, I don't have his number he has mine, so he's gonna have to contact me first."

Just as I said that my phone buzzed with a notification.

C/n: hey its c/n

B/f/n started cackling as I typed out a reply.