~Personal Space~

Y/n's POV

"Alright class!" My teacher called for our attention, "Get into groups of 4 and find a computer at the counter. Make sure to follow the instructions on the board!" 

I stood up from my desk after the two kids who sat in front of me invited me to join their group. Moments later, C/n walked over to join as well. Whenever our teacher assigns collaborative work, which she does every week, C/n and I always partner up for no particular reason– almost as if we have a silent agreement with each other. We ended up becoming good friends because of this.

While our 2 partners set up the computer and the software that we were being expected to use, C/n and I focused on organizing the supplies.

"Do you know what this is for?" he asked as he motioned towards one of the many tools.

I shrugged and responded without even looking at which tool he was talking about, "Nope."

He rolled his eyes in response, a wide smile on his face. We walked over to our two classmates to see if they needed help with setting up the computer after giving up on figuring out the unknown supplies.

"I don't think that's the right setting," he stated once we stood in front of the computer screen.

I was about to take a look at the settings myself when I felt him bring his arm next to mine to reach the mouse from behind me. His chest pressed against my back as he leaned forward to look at the screen. I reflexively turned around out of surprise, accidentally hitting him with my elbow in the process. C/n let out a grunt of pain and my emotions went even more haywire.

"Sorry!" I shouted as I pressed my hand against the place I jabbed him, "Are you okay?"

He covered my hand with his and a smirk formed on his face, "I am now."

I groaned and pulled away, turning back towards the computer as the rest of our group snickered at his behavior.

"You guys figure that out and we'll start writing up the report," one of our group members suggested before the pair walked back to the desks.

"You're such a flirt," I complained once they'd left, skimming the screen with my eyes.

"It made you blush though," he stated with his smile evident in his tone.

I grimaced, "Yeah, I don't know how to be honest. That line was terrible."

"Hey! That's an insult to my precious pride! Don't tell me you already forgot the fact that you just assaulted me."

I couldn't help but laugh at his playfulness which eased the tension that had formed in my shoulders.

"You know you look cute when you're worried."

I turned around with a glare on my face, "Just help me finish the assignment and quit trying to embarrass me."

"And you're hot when you're mad," he continued in an attempt to rile me up.

I huffed in frustration, trying to mask my embarrassment with a tone of annoyance. He only laughed in response, reaching toward the computer and once again pressing his body against mine. And once again, I quickly turned around as if I were reacting to a burn.

"Stop doing that!" I groaned.

He leaned closer with an innocent smile, "Stop doing what?"

"You know!" I became more flustered as the space between us diminished despite how I was trying to lean back, "Getting so close to me!"

"Aw, are you feeling shy?" he taunted, "Here, I know what'll help you get used to it."

He was about to close his arms around me but I quickly ducked under them and escaped.

"Just do the damn assignment!" I shouted as I tried to shake off the jitters.

I looked at the clock and almost smacked him when I realized we'd already wasted half an hour of class time. Our teacher was infamous for making students stay during lunch to finish in-class assignments.

B/f/n trotted over with a grin on her face, "You two are really distracting the class. You can flirt later but for now, do the classwork before our teacher gets mad and separates you two."

I gaped at B/f/n in shock who only shrugged her shoulders before returning to her table. Ok, so maybe I was being a little loud.

"Damn, I don't want to get separated from my most prized lab partner! Come on guys I bet we can finish this before everyone else," C/n shouted with the fake determined tone that politicians use in their speeches.

I felt my eye twitch but I tried to ignore it, helping my group with the assignment while staying 6 feet away from C/n at all times. He might want to teach me to be less easily flustered, but someone has really got to teach him the concept of personal space.