~Nerves~

Requested (April 2020) by: -txms
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third POV

Y/n nervously walked into her first class of the day, photography. It was the beginning of her freshman year of high school and because she was new to the campus, she silently prayed she was walking into the right classroom. Judging by the cameras lying on the desks, she felt she had succeeded.

When Y/n noticed that there was only one seat left she realized she was the last person to enter the classroom. She tried to control her embarrassment, but her face heated up regardless as she walked to the last remaining seat in the very back. Everyone stared at her and she tried to convince herself it was only because they had nothing else to focus on. Y/n was too busy wrestling with her anxiety to notice who she sat next to or even realize that he was the real reason why people were staring.

C/n L/n the school's "bad boy". Y/n was surprised to hear about him since she was sure it was only a cliche found in movies and TV shows. While people have never caught him doing anything actually shady, he's considered "mysterious" and that trait was enough to start an abundance of rumors. The only thing that might actually classify him as "bad" is the fact that C/n is kinda mean. Girls may have a fantasy to be stolen by him but of course, it is only that— a fantasy. Somehow, C/n scares people away just as quickly as they get interested in him, which he's not opposed to since he doesn't appreciate being the school's free entertainment.

Y/n's POV

My hands wouldn't stop shaking as I tried to focus on what the teacher was saying. No matter how much I tried to convince myself I was overreacting, I couldn't stop the feeling of anxiety creeping up on me. While this severe case of nerves is something I deal with all the time, it's especially bad on the first day of school when I have to get used to a new schedule and meet a bunch of new people.

I tried to focus on my breathing like all the tricks explained online, but not even that seemed to be working. The teacher started handing out cameras and when the student in front of me turned around to give me mine, I reached for it trying my best to still my shaking hands. I widened my eyes in panic when it was finally in my hands, scared that I would drop the expensive thing. Just as I was about to place it on my desk, I felt it slip out of my grasp and watched as it plummeted towards the floor, frozen in shock. But just as quickly, a hand grabbed it and placed it on my desk. I quickly sighed in relief, feeling thankful about partner tables for once in my life. I turned to my right to quickly thank my seatmate, being too tunnel-visioned to have caught a glimpse of them before.

Just as I turned with a smile on my face I heard him speak,

"You're pathetic. I don't know what's got you shaking like a damn leaf but you needa control it before you end up having to pay for all this expensive ass equipment," he said with the coldest tone I'd ever heard.

I thought a glare would be matching his tone but when I looked at his face he only had a blank stare.

"S-sorry," I quietly responded while looking down at my shaking hands, which if possible, were shaking even worse after his harsh words.

I ended up not being able to write anything down that period and the rest of the week went by without another word from C/n.

I'm not sure why but it bothers me that he is actually living up to his reputation. I could see why people find him so intriguing and while I didn't want to be that girl, I couldn't help but be curious too.

The next week I almost fell out of my seat in surprise when C/n started laughing out of complete nowhere. I stared at him, mouth agape since I'd never even seen him smile, much less laugh. He met my eyes and smirked,