~Perfect Trio~

Requested (March 2021) by: EndlessDreamer4ever
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n's POV

I flopped onto my bed before looking at my phone one more time. I huffed in annoyance at all the notifications, yet not even one was from C/n. 

Why can't boys take any hints? I bet I could kiss him and he still wouldn't realize I like him. 

I groaned out loud before deciding to Facetime B/f/n. She's used to hearing my complaints about C/n since all three of us have been best friends since elementary school.

"Hey girl," she answered the phone after a couple of rings.

"B/f/nnn kill me nowwww," I cried, drawing out my words like a whining child.

"Haha. Has C/n still been sending those mixed signals?"

"YES! Like broooo please make up your damn mind. You're holding my hand when we go out, but then say things like I'm glad we're friends. Like what am I supposed to do with this information??" I whined.

"You do know if you just confessed you'd get an answer to your question, right?" B/f/n suggested.

"Ha, you're funny," the sarcasm clear in my tone, "that could ruin our friendship!"

"Well, have you ever maybe thought that he's thinking the exact same thing?"

"Ugh, this blows. Whatever, I'll just let things stay the way they are."

"Seriously?" I could almost hear B/f/n's glare.

******

"Wooh! Beat their asses C/n!" I cheered on the bleachers as I sat with my group watching the semi-final soccer game C/n and his team were competing in.

I bit my lip as I saw C/n receive the ball from one of his teammates across the field. He began dribbling toward the goal before he looked up and pointed at me.

All the girls started squealing and shaking me as he kicked the winning goal into the post. Our school's side of the bleachers stood up as we erupted into cheers.

After C/n and his team were done with their huddle-up, I walked onto the field to congratulate him. When we made eye contact, he jogged over with the wide grin of a winner.

I cheered as we hugged, "Yay! You guys are going to championships!"

He squeezed me tight before replying, "Thanks for cheering me on Y/n. I always play better when you're watching me– you're my lucky charm."

I smiled, "Well that's what friends are for!"

I mentally kicked myself. What the fuck Y/n are you trying to make him think you want to be just friends??

Suddenly, C/n pulled me behind the bleachers where students' prying eyes couldn't reach us.

"What's up?" I questioned.

"Look, there's something I wanted to talk to you about," C/n rubbed the back of his neck nervously causing all kinds of thoughts to run through my head.

"What is it? Did something happen?" I asked worriedly.

"Nothing bad, don't worry! Or at least, I don't think it's bad?" He sighed and rubbed his face in stress, "It's just, I was wondering what you thought of me?"

"Huh?"

"I like you Y/n. Like a lot. And we've been best friends forever so I was kinda scared to say something because I didn't wanna make things awkward," he confessed.

"O-oh. I like you too," I grinned, feeling very thankful that B/f/n wasn't in hearing distance to yell her I-told-you-so's.

C/n grinned and pulled me into his embrace. I heard him let out a breath of relief and I couldn't help but hug him tighter in response. His body curled around mine and I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling him squeeze me tight in the way he always does when we hug. 

"Thank god. You have no idea how stressed I've been these past few weeks."

I laughed, "Trust me, I know. Just ask B/f/n."

C/n pulled away to look me in the face, "Wait, B/f/n knew you liked me?"

I smiled but my face clearly showed my confusion, "Um yes? She's my best friend other than you. Why wouldn't she know?"

"Wow, that bitch. I've been nagging her about whether or not to confess and the only thing she ever said was 'You'll never know until you do it' when she knew this whole fucking time and could've saved me the stress!"

My jaw dropped, "Wait, she knew you liked me?!"

"Yes!"

"That little bitch!"

C/n and I ducked out from the bleachers, looking for our favorite person. And there she stood with a wide smirk on her face as she gave us her infamous stare– the "you should've listened to me sooner" stare.

I groaned and C/n gave her a glare before dragging her over.

"Really B/f/n? You couldn't just tell us we liked each other!" I asked.

She shrugged, "It's your guys's fault that it took you idiots so long. Plus, I might as well delay becoming a third wheel."

I smacked her on the shoulder as C/n spoke, "You know we're still gonna hang out like usual, you're not gonna be a third wheel."

"All I ask is to be invited to the wedding before you guys forget about me," she stated.

"Seriously? We're not forgetting you!"

She sighed before dramatically looking into the distance, "You say that now, but then you two will be wanting privacy and I'll be living alone, saying I told you so to myself."

C/n rolled his eyes, "Shut up."