~Stressed~

Y/n's POV

"Ughhhh," I slammed my head against my creaky wooden desk multiple times as the teacher kept droning on and on.

I felt a hand rest on my head and I turned, pressing my cheek against the top of my desk to see a frowning C/n.

"You okay?" he whispered.

"Yeah."

I stared out the window which was luckily beside me. The clouds were grey as if it were about to rain, not a single ray of light making it through the clouds.

I grew anxious thinking about all my responsibilities which I could be working on instead of being trapped inside of this useless class. Final exams are coming since it's nearing the end of the semester so I have to study for them and complete the multiple projects due for different classes. On top of my school responsibilities, I have to worry about my job and extracurriculars. It just all feels so overwhelming right now and I can't help but worry how I'm gonna get everything done.

The bell finally rang and I quickly stood up from my wooden seat. I hustled out into the hallway, my shoes squeaking loudly against the tile floors. Thank God school's finally over. I passed by my locker to pick up my textbooks and I walked out of my school's campus carrying some of them in my arms since they didn't all fit in my backpack.

"Hey wait up!" I heard a voice yell behind me.

I turned around in the middle of the grey sidewalk, raindrops already starting to fall and create patterns on the ground.

A panting C/n stood in front of me as he attempted to catch his breath, "Want— huff, to— huff, walk home— with me?"

I laughed at his state before nodding my head, "Sure."

I took out my umbrella to cover us from the rain, trying to balance my heavy books in one arm.

"Here let me help you," C/n said, leaving me no time to protest as he quickly took them in his arms.

"Thanks."

I opened my umbrella and motioned for him to come under it with me.

"You seem really stressed lately. Are you ok?" he asked as the rain started beating on my umbrella.

"Yeah, just a lot of schoolwork. Nothing new," I shrugged.

He nodded his head and we walked in comfortable silence, the rain acting as tranquil background noise. C/n occasionally jumped into a puddle with a bright smile. It made him cuter in my eyes, but I couldn't help but hope he didn't splash my textbooks.

"This is my stop," I said.

"Alright, see ya tomorrow!" C/n smiled and turned around to leave, ready to step out into the rain with only his light jacket protecting him.

"Wait!" I blurted out.

He turned around, already drenched even though it had only been a few moments since he stepped out from under the umbrella.

"Want to stay at my place while you wait for the rain to die down?" I asked.

He grinned, "Yeah that'd be great."

I let him into my house and threw my keys on the side table before turning around to grab my textbooks from his arms.

"I've got to finish some schoolwork but make yourself at home," I ran to my room and yelled to C/n as I took out all my homework. "I just gotta bring this out to the living room and I can put a show to watch so you're not bored."

As I walked back out into my living room, I found C/n sitting on the couch with his eyes trained on me, "Don't worry I have homework too. We can do it together."

I smiled, "Alright. No distractions though!"

"Yeah yeah."

Two long hours had passed and I'd barely been able to finish one assignment when I already felt like giving up and just accepting failure.

"Ughhhhhhhh," I banged my head on the table trying to remember the concepts from our first unit, which felt like years ago.

My face was facing down against the table when I felt C/n's hand rub my back.

"You need to take a break Y/n," he said.

I sighed, "I can't, I've still got a shit ton of stuff I need to finish."

"Well too bad you're going to have to." He moved to sit down beside me before grabbing me by the waist and letting my body rest against his side, "You're working yourself too hard let's just watch one movie, and then you can go back to doing your work."

I groaned and buried my face into his neck before letting out a long breath.

"Fine, but only if you stay while I finish everything," I answered.

"Of course I'll stay," he tucked me further into his side and grabbed the remote to turn on the TV.

It felt like only minutes had passed when I opened my eyes to C/n staring directly at me, only inches away from my face.

"The movie's over you basically slept through the whole thing," he chuckled before pulling away from me to work on his homework.

"Damn. At least I had a nice nap," I said, following his lead and returning to my schoolwork too.

"Yeah, you have me to thank for that. My shoulder's all sore from your heavy ass head."

I looked at him with worry, "You should've shoved me off. I could've used one of the pillows on the couch."

He laughed, "I'm just kidding. I'm glad you got some rest."

I shyly smiled before returning to my work. Only C/n could help make me feel more relaxed during such a hectic time of the school year.