~The Enemy~

R/n: Random Name (Female)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n's POV

I yawned loudly as I stretched my arms, finally finished with the paperwork that was stacked high on my desk. Glancing at the clock, I realized that it was the perfect time for me to handle my assignment.

The Agency wants me to keep watch on a marked street corner and make sure that a transaction that might happen doesn't. I wasn't given any other information since apparently the parties involved are of high confidentiality, but I didn't need any other information anyway. All I have to do is capture them before they can do their little trade. Easy peasy.

I left my office and headed to the locker room to put on my uniform, which included a specialized lightweight coat containing necessary weapons and supplies. I also made sure to grab the suitcase meant to safely store whatever it was that was going to be traded. It's a little clunky to carry around but it looks cool, so whatever.

When I made it into the vicinity of the target area, I positioned myself on a nearby rooftop to observe the street alleyway indicated in the intelligence report.

I sat for a couple of minutes before frowning at the lack of presence and double-checking my watch. Not a single person was in or around the alleyway. Did the Agency accidentally give me the wrong street? But it can't be, they never make any mistakes.

I froze after hearing a quiet step near the back end of the roof. 

There's someone else here

A couple of tense minutes passed, and I almost believed that I was just being paranoid until I heard another quiet step. I quickly jumped behind a ledge, obstructing the view between me and whoever was trying to sneak up on me. From behind the cover, I started shooting my gun at the general area of the enemy. I have an okay shot but I'd feel more comfortable if I were in close hand-to-hand combat with my knife, where I'd have more control over the difference of hurting someone versus killing them.

After firing a few shots, I no longer heard anything but the surrounding wind. I stood from my crouched position, looking over the wall at the spot where I was sure the person would be standing.

"AH!" I yelled as I was kicked from right behind my knees bringing me down to the ground.

"Hey Y/n," the assailant said casually.

I grunted trying to force my stiff legs to stand up, "What do you want?"

"Oh, don't be so cold."

I froze once again as I felt the cool blade of a knife placed on my neck. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a glint of blue steel and realized that it was my knife.

"Where'd you get that?" I breathed out.

I haven't been able to find my lucky knife for weeks and just assumed I had accidentally misplaced it during a mission. It was specially made for me by the Agency, making it a very reliable and valuable weapon.

"Don't worry Y/n you'll get it back soon," he explained directly into my ear.

His very presence sent shivers of anger down my spine and his proximity wasn't helping matters. I suddenly felt a pang of pain on the back of my head, and just like that, the world turned black.

The next time I opened my eyes, I was met with only a dim light hanging above me. I tried to stand up only to realize that I was tightly tied to my chair, both my arms and legs tightly constrained against the rough wood of my seat.