~Sidekick~

Requested (September 2020) by: Earth13

H/n: Crush's Superhero Name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n's POV

The day C/n entrusted me with his secret identity was when I realized just how much it worried me for him to be in danger. Of course, I was always a bit suspicious. I mean I never did see C/n and "H/n" in the same room and come on, an eye mask really isn't gonna hide that much about a person's face. But still, I felt really honored when C/n decided to tell me because it shows he trusts me as much as I trust him.

When he didn't come to school and I received a call from his parents wondering if I knew where my best friend went, of course, I was gonna figure out where the hell he went.

"Hi Mrs. C/l/n, thank you so much for letting me check out C/n's room. I know this is a really hard situation but I'll try my best to help find him," I said to C/n's mom, trying my best to comfort her.

She simply nodded her head as she tried not to let her already bloodshot eyes shed any more tears. Everyone was worried since it's been a whole week since C/n was last seen.

I left C/n's mom in their living room before going into C/n's room, trying to see if there was any sort of clue of where he could be.

I just hope that idiot didn't go running into danger.

I had come over before to help out C/n when he had to be H/n so I knew his thought processes before leaving at night to complete whatever duty he had. It's just so hard to believe that he just up and left without telling me a single thing.

I rummaged through some papers on his desk, not finding a single thing, before deciding to go into the secret room behind his closet. It's much smaller than one may expect and it definitely isn't like those extravagant secret lairs you see in movies. It's just enough room to fill whatever C/n couldn't keep out in the open.

I almost gasped when one of the walls inside the closet-like room was covered in papers ranging from magazine clippings to pictures taken off the street that were all unfamiliar to me. In the middle of all of these pictures, circled in a bold red marker, sat an image of the city's museum.

Was C/n investigating something to do with the museum?

The weird thing is though, the museum closed a couple of months ago so I don't know why C/n was looking into it. Although, it is a pretty sketchy place since it's abandoned, so I'll check it out tomorrow since I've got no other leads.

******

I stood in front of the museum. Since the sun had already gone down I couldn't see anything inside, especially because of the tinted windows. I used my handy dandy lock-picking skills to get in through the back and quietly walked in. Once inside the building, I took out the map of the museum that I found in C/n's room and tried to figure out how I should go about exploring.

You would've thought I'd prepare a little more but hey, at least I brought the map with me.

I started walking down the main hallway using my phone flashlight as a light source. (Yes, my ringer is off. I may be dumb but I'm not horror movie dumb.)

It didn't take long for me to hear voices when I somehow reached the second floor. I quickly crouched behind the railing, trying to make out how many people were below me by peeking through the railing.

"Why isn't he here yet? I thought one of our people sent a fake tip!" one man growled to another.

"Be patient. He's bound to be here soon," the second man replied calmly.

They walked down the hallway, the shorter man continuing to grumble out complaints as the taller man swiftly strolled beside him.

I got up from my crouching position and continued to stare at the hallway that the two men had gone down.

Damn, I think they were talking about tricking C/n. Hopefully, he doesn't fall for it.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

I jumped up and just as I was about to let out an ear-splitting shriek, I felt a hand clamp over my mouth.

"Don't scream, it's me C/n," I heard him whisper.

I nodded my head and C/n removed his hand from my mouth. I turned around to get a good look at him.

"What are you doing here? This is really dan—"

I caught off C/n's whisper-scolding by launching myself at him. I threw my arms around his neck, squeezing him in a tight hug. I felt him slowly hug me back around the waist.

"Why didn't you tell me you're safe? I know I'm not your sidekick but it's scary C/n! Especially knowing what I know. If I didn't stop trying to look for you I probably would've fainted from worry," I whispered as I squeezed a little tighter.

He laughed and patted me on my head.

"I'm sorry to worry you, but look Y/n, I'm safe and sound so don't worry anymore."

I pulled away and quickly swiped at the tears brimming in my eyes.

"Alright, what's the plan?" I asked with new determination.

C/n looked at me like I was crazy before standing up and dragging me toward the exit, "What do you mean 'what's the plan'? The plan is I finish this mission and you go home where you'll be safe!"

I tugged on my arm, stopping us in our tracks, and scoffed, "But I'm already here so I might as well help."

"You said it yourself Y/n, you're not my sidekick!"

"Yeah, but I'm your best friend. Serves you right for disappearing without a trace."

C/n just stared at me dumbfounded before finally groaning in defeat.

"Great! Now update me." I smiled innocently.

He couldn't help but grin back before pressing a quick kiss on my cheek.

And that was the first of many many missions that we did together.