~(Literally) Falling For You~

Third POV

Y/n was walking to her usual lunch table where her friends were already sitting. The sun was out and the weather was perfect; not too warm and not too cold. That would've already been enough to give her an upbeat mood but she also had a little bit of a skip in her step since it was her birthday. 

As she drew closer to her friends, C/n noticed her first and started jogging toward her while excitedly yelling, "Y/n! Happy Birthday!"

Y/n shyly smiled back and was ready to receive his hug however, gravity had different plans for the two because as C/n was about to embrace her, he tripped over solid air instead and plummeted straight toward the ground. He tried to regain his balance by grabbing onto the closest thing to him...

...which, as you could guess, happened to be Y/n. He quickly realized his mistake though because he ended up falling on top of her, almost crushing the life out of her.

And as if that weren't enough to make Y/n completely flustered, a little wish of hers came true too. Just in time for her birthday.

Y/n's POV

Oh fuck.

That was the only thought running through my head as C/n's lips landed on mine. He was able to react quickly and immediately backed his head up, but the damage was already done. Both of our eyes were wide open while we stared at each other, too shocked to do anything.

Once he seemed to snap out of his daze, he quickly got up off of me. Holding his hand out to help me up, he finally spoke, "My bad, you know how clumsy I am."

He nervously scratched the back of his neck while I just stared at the ground mumbling incoherent words. If B/f/n were closer, she'd probably smack me across the face to snap me out of it. We were far enough away from everyone for that to happen though, thankfully.

"It's fine," I finally managed to say.

"Damn, it's your birthday too and I just had to be clumsy," he then gave me a sly grin. "Well, it's kinda your fault though."

"Uhh, how?" I asked while frowning at him. "You're literally the one that tripped on nothing."

He stepped closer, wrapping one arm around my waist to pull me in while dramatically putting his other hand across his heart in an exaggerated gesture.

"I like you so much you've got me tripping and falling for you," he replied with a suggestive grin.

I gave him a face that clearly showed I was unamused as I rubbed his shoulders up and down in fake comfort.

"Oh wow, I think that's the cringiest thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth."

He huffed, "What? That was a good line!"

I replied by shaking my head, trying to calm the heat that was rising on my cheeks (which was from second-hand embarrassment NOT actual embarrassment). C/n noticed though and smiled in triumph.

"You're so cute when you're all shy," he teased as he pulled me into a tight hug. "This kind of feels like my birthday wish came true now."

"Shut up," I grumbled into his shoulder while he continued to laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
💙: Are you clumsy?

I'm not sure how clumsy you gotta be to accidentally kiss someone but I love this trope