-chapter 7-

we start off like what Levi ordered us to do, cleaning. Sounds stupid and not exactly sure where it might get us but it may be useful, things are full of surprises right? My job was to clean at least two rooms.

I started off by moving old furniture out of the way to clean but first I released that the walls aren't in good colour. I had always had an interest in painting and I remember Armin's grandfather buying me some paint, brushes and paper, I have always enjoyed it.

I walked up to the cupboard where the cleaning supplies were and I assumed some paint would be inside as well.

"Oi brat you're supposed to clean where are you going?" Levi stops me taking off his scarf that covers his mouth.

"Getting some paint." I say and before he questions me I just ignore him and walk past him.

I open up the cupboard  and found white paint and a thick brush, perfect. I quickly grabbed it and ran to the room walking past the angry midget.

I sigh and sip the brush into the bucket and start paining the walls. Luckily for me the ceiling wasn't that bad in colour. I used a stall to paint the parts I can't reach.

LEVI's POV.

I was quite confused why that brat was getting paint. After a while I finished cleaning the room I was in and angrily sighed and decided to peak what she was doing. As I was walking closer and closer to the room she was in some beautiful humming rang my ears.

I remember this music but how does she know this music? Was she raised in the underground too perhaps? Not possible but maybe she was a criminal who was bought up here by Erwin Smith? So many thoughts ran inside my head.

I took a glance what she was doing. It seemed like she finished painting the walls, the walls had no hue, it was pure white like snow and surprisingly calming. She grabs a scrub and us use some soap to scrub the dirty floors. She is definitely taking her time and I can't forget the song she was humming.

Should I ask her later about it? It may be creepy but I'm curious.

"Captain I think I'm finished you can check." A voice says who reveals to be Petra.

I sigh. "Alright you just clean other areas, don't leave a speck of dust you hear me?" I order and she nods and walks off and I walk to her room to inspect her cleaning.

BACK TO YOUR POV

I continue scrubbing and singing a song I was humming, I remember this song back in the underground when I was younger but it saddens me that I can't remember how the lyric goes but at least I know how the tune sounds.

I sigh and place the scrubber in the bucket full of warm bubbly water. I believe its done now, all i needed to do was clean anything dusty.

"Walls give me strength." I frown to myself.

Later at 8:45pm.

We were settled down and the whole Levi squad were sitting in the dining room where we drank tea.

The steam evaporated leaving the liquid's surface, the smell of the tea relaxed me yet made my eyes sting in a good way. It was dead silent, just the sounds of sipping, the noises of the solid material places on the small plates and soft breathing amongst with sighs.

It wasnt too long until that intimidating talkative bastard broke the peaceful silence.

"So Eren you know the rules right? Dont go titan here or you will end up looking like a twit and get killed by us." He assaults.

"He know the rules Oulo there is no need for that comment!" Petra scolds him.

"Tch anything for my Petra." He smirks and goes back to his face stoic face as Petra pouts at his comment.