-chapter 51-

We went inside and the room looked very ordinary for a doctor. There was shelfs of medicines and different kinds of books too.

"Your dad was a doctor right?" Hange asks.

"Yeah he was." Eren answers.

"He has lots of different medicines no wonder why." Hange picks up a bottle.

"Well, lets just get looking we aren't wasting any more time." Levi crosses his arms.

"Yes sir." Eren says.

We all get to searching, looking through book, under the shelves and pretty much everywhere.

Mikasa drops a cup which made a loud tapping noise. She bent down to pick it up but then her face expression changed a little shocked.

"Eren, look." She says.

Eren comes then all of us join in to see what she has found.

"A lock?" I question.

"Maybe it's the right fit for my key." Eren reaches his hand under his shirt and grabs the key.

He pushes it in the lock and surprisingly it fit.

"It's opening." Eren smiles.

He then pull the draw to find nothing.

"Nothing? Are you kidding me?" Eren starts grumbling angrily.

"No, look closer it's a false bottom." I place my hand and push down the surface.

The surface opened and there were three books and some moist rolled towels.

"Hm, it smells like peppermint oil snd charcoal."  She sniffs the cloths.

"It's probably to keep the bugs away, pretty smart of him." I say.

Eren places his hand onto the book then glances over at us.

"After all this time, dad might explain it all now." He says.

Mikasa places her hand on top of Eren's and they both give each over eye contact then look down at the book and opened it.

"Whats that?" I ask.

"Is this a painting?" Eren picks it up.

It was a picture of a younger Grisha, a woman and a blonde child.

"Let me see that." Hange gives out her hand gesturing Eren to hive it to her which Eren does.

"What do you think Hange?" I ask.

"No..this is far too detailed to be a picture and made by hand." Hange strokes her chin furrowing her brows.

"There is some writing behind it." Mikasa points.

Hange flips the paper over and begins to read.

"This is no illusion, it was made by gathering the light reflected off the subject and burning it into an image on special paper quite nice right there where im from there are many mazing technologies like this mankind isn't gone.....beyond the walls countless humans live in comfortable refinementI pray the person who finds this book would be a fellow picture." Reads out.

"And this is called a photograph." She adds.

"Makes sense." Levi says.

Evening

"Hey Armin." I walk into his room.

"Hey." He shrugs.