-capter 52-

I cross my arms rolling my eyes. Levi was clearly pissed off and he stood up trying to snatch the bottle back off me. Which he failed, his drunk state had no chance of beating me.

He then hiccuped again making me giggle a little.

"Whats so funny you dumbass?" Levi grunts.

"Sorry." I shrug.

"Give it back—"  he tries to slap the bottle off me with his hand but instead his hand went up to his mouth.

"Um Levi are you—" i ask him but then he starts to throw up.

It wasn't that much really but some just landed on my boots making me jump.

"Levi!" I scold him.

"You're disgusting...and the floor!" He yells then runs towards his cleaning supply cupboard.

He grabbed a mop and bucket then filled the bucket with cleaning supplies.

"Levi." I slap my hand against his forehead.

He coughs then looks up at me. "Shut up." He says.

"You're drunk." I roll my eyes.

"I'm really not, you are." He says and starts to sweep the floor and even sweeped my boots.

I sigh in response and wait for him to finish. When he did finish, he put everything away and the floor was clean and i could see my reflection too..wow.

"Come on we're taking you to bed." I shove him.

He suddenly picks me up and throws me over his shoulders.

"What the hell?" I look confused.

Unexpectedly, he hiccups and then trips over falling down with me. I did not have a soft landing and hit the hard floor however Levi did, his head was on my leg.

Owwww...

I slowly get up rubbing my hand against my head where it hurt.

"What was that for?" I ask with a sigh.

"........." he just stares at me in silence.

"Whats wro—" I try asking him but...

He bursts out crying, not loudly but softly however he had a lot of tears sliding down those pale cheeks.

I looked at him in sorrow and pure sympathy and crawled towards him and gave him a his which he returns.

I use one hand to rub his back and using the other to stroke his hair as my fingers tangled in his hair.

He sniffled and nuzzled his face against my chest. I looked down at him sadly not knowing what else to do.

Is it because of Erwin's death?

Perhaps guilt?

Is it me?

"Levi..." i call out.

He pulls away looking at me right in the eyes. Under those tears were one if the mist unique eye colour I know, it reminded me of a stormy day in the sea.

Steel grey and diamond blue blended together looking all misty now because of the tears. He had eye bags too and his eyes had a really light red tone too.

I pulled my hands away and places them on his hand, I placed one of my hand on tip of his hand and the other under his hand. (If that makes sense)

"I miss him." He whispers.

"I know." I say rubbing my thumb on his hand.

"But I have no regrets....I hope he watches over us." He says looking down.

"Yeah." I search for his tearful eyes.

Honestly, I don't think I have seen him in this state in ages, and it hurt a lot seeing him like this to...a lot.

I places my hand under his chin lifted his head up forcing him to look at me.

I give him a small smile.

"Keep your head up, I hate seeing you like this...besides Erwin wouldn't be impressed seeing you like this." I say placing my hand on his cheek.

"Thanks." He says.

"No...thank you." I cut him off.

"What?" He looks up.

"Thank you for saving me...that day you taught me how to live on it wasn't just Armin." I smile tearing up.

"If I'm honest, I'm glad i saved you other wise who knows where you would be." He sighs.

"Yeah." I reply.

He suddenly starts gagging again and i quickly rush towards the bathroom and bring a bucket for him to throw up in but luckily he didn't.

After so many attempts I finally forced him to put him inside his bed, it was a huge pain in the ass but at least I tried and managed.

I sat beside him and he layed there annoyed like a child. At this point I was having second thoughts if he was drunk or not; he did look drunk when i first saw him in his office earlier.

I figured that he was not going to sleep and this was going to take long so i decided to to take my socks off and places them inside my boots that i took off before sitting on Levi's bed.

I then placed the cover on top of my body but still remained sitting up leaning my back in the bed board. I then glanced over to Levi, he was blankly staring into space with his brows knitted together.

"I know you don't have the best sleeping patterns and have trouble but can you at least sleep..for me?" I ask.

He turned his head over to face me and sighed.

"You sleep, I'm fine." He shrugs.

"Just rest, I will be here too." I insist.

Without any reaction, Levi managed to pull me on top of me him forcing me to lay on my stomach on top of him.

"What no! You need to sleep!" I try to get off his arms.

"Just sleep already you twit." He smacks my head with his hand.

I then bit his shoulder making him flinch but it wasn't enough for him to let me go.

"What are you my pet dog?" He scoffs.

"You need to sleep more than me." I sigh.

"Answer my question first." He says.

"No I am not, now sleep." I try to wiggle off under his arms.

This caused him to squeeze me tighter which I eventually gave up as it was tiering me.

"I hate you." I whisper.

"And I lo—" he tries saying something back but cuts himself off.

"What was that?" I ask him

"Go to sleep." He snaps.

"No." I scoff.

"We got the funeral tomorrow you better sleep." He persuades me.

"Says you bastard." I point out.

"I sleep less than you and fight better than you." He shuts me down.

"That's because you have more experience." I roll my eyes.

"Don't get me wrong you got some good instincts." He compliments.

"Is that so?" I smirk.

"Yeah...good night." He says and slightly slides himself down completely laying on his back still wrapping his arms around me.

It felt safe under his arms once again and I liked this feeling, walls he always has his ways.

I realised he is being quite relaxed especially by his breathing as his stomach went up and down.

Is he asleep?

At this rate I gave up, even if he wasn't sleeping or if he was sleeping I literally had no energy to waste for him...I'm just glad I was able to stop him drinking and comfort him.