-chapter 48-

In a flash, the rocks flew past us. I felt myself and my surroundings shake and the noises of destruction and the screams of the soldiers rang in my ear. My heart skipped a beat when i felt the rock hit my shoulder causing me to fall.

"Idiot, you should have been careful." I hear his voice.

I realised that it was Levi who caught be just in time, we both harshly landed under a roof top while he was on top of me using himself as a shield to protect me and bracing ourselves to the noises.

"Are you okay?" I face him.

I noticed he had a small scratch with a small amount of blood smudged in his right cheek.

"Actually are you okay?." He places a hand on my shoulder. "You almost got yourself injured or possibly killed dumb ass." He adds.

"I'm fine...but your cheek." I mention and smudge the blood off his small wound.

"That's nothing now hurry, we need to get to the others and then reach to Erwin." He stood up giving me a hand.

I nod and we both use out odm gear to reach to the soldiers who are with the horses quicker.

We soon reach towards the soldiers who were confused of what was going on.

Levi swiped his sword to the left bringing all their attention to us.

"Keep moving forward we need to seek shelter!" He orders.

"Yes sir!" They scream back and pull their horses and run.

Suddenly another load of rocks smash towards us.

"Keep going!" Levi yells.

That red haired boy..i think his name is Floch sat down crying with his hands pressed against his ears. Even though he was a bitch, i felt bad for him.

I run toward his and pull him up. "Come on do you want to die?" I yell.

Still crying, he stood up and ran with me.

"Keep going you're so whiney!" I insult him.

After a while we reach where Erwin was.

"How is it?" Levi asks.

"Terrible." Erwin blunts out.

"What do we do now?" He asks.

Thats all i heard when they walked behind a house.

"[l/n] keep an eye on the soldiers." Erwin waves at me.

"Yes sir." I nod and turn around.

"Marlo what is going to happen now?" Floch sniffs still in tears.

"I know we will win this, just stop crying." He places a hand on his shoulders.

The man who was so called Marlo had a black bowl cut and was quite tall. Im guessing he used to be in the Military Police branch.

"Ever since i joined the Survey Corps, i thought i was going to be something and thought that i would be someone powerful....but i was wrong." He confesses.

I took a deep sigh and sat on top of some big wooden box and decided to listen to their conversation.

"Give up on your dreams and die." i hear Levi say.

I raised an eyebrow, what kind of comment is that to one of his best friends?

"Thank you." I hear Erwin.

With confused i decided to ignore their conversation but then they stood up with a heavy sigh.

Levi looked at me with no emotion but something in his eyes told me that something was wrong.

"We are going to charge towards the beast titan." Erwin announces which makes me flinch.

"You mean a....suicide-" Floch looks up in terror but Erwin cuts him off.

"Yes a suicide charge." He looks down.

My heart skips a beat after hearing this and feel anger fuming inside in me.

"Commander with kindness and respectfully you're being heartless and selfish! Igo up to him face to face with him.

He then looks up staring into my orbs that showed anger.

"While thats happening, we should be distracting the beat titan, you and Levi will finish him off." Erwin adds.

"What?" I look at him confused.

"Its have been decided...im leading the charge too so get yourselves ready." He walks past me.

Suddenly a young woman starts to throw up in fear panting as well.

"Wait but even though i refused and would get killed wouldnt i get killed either way?" Floch asks.

"Yes." Erwin states.

"So there is no point because i will die anyways?" He asks again.

"Thats right." He nods.

Before i could protest to tell Erwin that there could be other plans other than doing a suicidal charge but Levi places his hand on my right shoulder reassuring me that there was no other choice for our victory.

Several minutes later

Me and Levi were on our way towards the beast titan while underneath us was Erwin and his solders charging to their deaths with a very low chance of survival.

The beasttitan threw another load of rocks making the rocks and dust consume all the soldiers making it harder for me to see where they were. I could feel my heart rate increasing and tears in my eyes.

"Look up and keep moving forward." Levi looks at me behind his shoulder.

"Right." I look up using my shoulder to while the small water of tears off my eye to see better.

"Get your blades ready, there are titans ahead!" Suddenly Levi announces to me and slide the swords out of the pockets.

Levi went for the second one and i went for the first. I managed to smoothly slice the nape then move onto killing the next few titans with Levi.

"Go!" Levi suddenly yells and disappears in the titan steams.

I follow to see the beast titan face to face. I gasp when i see it's red eyes looking right at me then back to Levi.

He slices the beast's arm reaching his face to slice his eyes which removes his eye sight.

I then shoot a hook onto his ankle and slice both making him fall down.

As soon as he harshly lands, Levi lands on his back, slides his blades out and start to slice.

Suddenly a shirtless man comes out screaming. He had blonde hair and a beard with titan marks different to Eren's.

As he was close to land, i got my sword out and shoved it up his mouth looking down at me as he returned a terrified look at me.

"No wonder he reeks of shit, he is a monkey." Levi snaps.

"No time for jokes Levi we need to deal with this mass murderer." I look down at him.

"Every time you transform, you use a lot of energy and need to wait before transforming again am i right?" Levi asks.

Instead the blonde bearded man does answer and just looks at us with shock and fear while my blade was still up his mouth.

"Hey beardo answer." I snap.

"Tch rude." Levi adds and places his hand on top of mine and applies pressure to push the sword upwards. The blade pointed up to his eye making him squeel in pain.

"[y/n]!" Look out!" I hear Levi yell making me jump.

A/N: again, apologies for the late updates had so much in life lol. Still trying to balance wattpad and my normal life :).