-chapter 33-

"Armin?" I call out for his name and there is no response.

I turned him around laying him on his back leaning against my lap too. My eyes widen to see his forehead bleeding, it seemed like it knocked him out as his eyes were closed shut as crimson blood oozed down his face reaching his collar.

"What are you two doing?" I hear stern male voice reaching out for me. I turned around to see Levi running towards us. When he saw Armin's state, his face expression didn't change, just his eyes widening a little.

"Tch." Was the only words that came out of his mouth then he picks Armin up bridal style and jogged off leaving me. I quickly stood up and ran towards them in worry.

"Will he be okay?" I ask.

"No need to overreact [l/n]." He coldly replies.

"I'm not..I'm just worried!" I debate back angrily.

He just doesn't answer and we continue running our way in the hot sun.

We soon reach the infirmary and hand Armin to the doctors.

"Answer my question now." I turn to Levi.

"What?" He grunts.

"So, will Armin be fine?" I ask.

"He should be fine idiot, why are you so concerned about him?" He asks annoyed.

"He..he showed me how to move forward even if people left me." I say almost hesitating.

"I see." He replies looking down with a frown.

"I'm going to continue with the laps." I say and run off but he stops me by gripping one hand on my right shoulder.

"What is it?" I rotate my head to face him.

"Rest for a bit, training will end in a few minutes anyways." He says.

"But why? It's not like you to do that." I laugh.

"Dont make me change my mind." He gives me an intense glare.

"Okay.." i say and walk off leaving him.

6:22pm

I was waiting outside the door of Armin's room where he rested his head. I also held a book to read for him. The nurse then left the room and nods her head reassuring that im aloud to get in.

"Thank you." I say and step inside.

As i enter i see a tired Armin with a small smile on his face and bandages wrapped around his forehead under his blonde bangs.

"Hey Armin, how are you doing?" I say sitting on a chair and placed the book on my lap.

"Doing okay and i feel way more better seeing you." He replies.

I smile in response then pick the book up in my hands. "Was wondering if you wanted me to read a book." I say.

"I would love that." He laughs.

I open the book flipping a page then get reading.

The story was about a young boy who was a puppet and wished to be a normal boy. Whenever he lied his nose would also grow bigger. His name is Pinocchio.

An hour later

"The end." I closer the book.

I look up to see Armin's blue eyes locked into mine.

The emotion in his eyes was fathoms deep, yet they carried the warmth and life of the sunlit surface. They had a thousand hues of blue and a small touch of gold representing the sand  radiating in softly swooping arcs.