-chapter 39-

"Don't worry Moblit and Armin are taking care of her." Levi reassures me.

Despite the worry, I had in my stomach I also felt a sigh of relief. However that the problem didn't end there.

"Shit we need to get through that net to reach Eren!" Levi snaps gritting his teeth.

"Eren!" Mikasa yells worriedly.

"Captain look up." Armin points out while holding Hange with Moblit.

We all looked up to see some wooden ceiling that they could easily break in.

"Armin, Moblit take Hange up with you and we will deal with this." Levi orders.

"Yes sir." They both say in sync and leave.

Suddenly we get shaken up with a bright light and some sensation of rumblings like an earthquake.

"A Titan transformation?" I question in worry.

"Eren!" Mikasa calls him out worriedly.

We manage to break through the net and Mikasa catches Historia. The forceful wind was making a huge struggle for us but we manages to cope a little.

Levi, Jean and Connie fiddled with the keys to unlock Eren from the chains he was in. I noticed that Eren was crying begging us to leave him here to save ourselves but obviously sometimes hung scant go our way so we aren't leaving Eren like he wants us to.

They finally unlock the last but and pulled him away just in time as a huge rock hit the exact spot where Eren was seconds ago.

"That was a close one." Sasha sighs in relief.

Eren breaks down crying expressing how 'useless' he is and all that beating himself too much.

"Stop acting like some tragic hero!" Jean snaps.

Eren continues crying his eyes out clenching his hair in stress. More ruins started falling down as the ceiling started to break apart. This was between life and death and the choice was all on Eren.

"I can't think of anything I'm sorry!" Eren cries and that's when Historia snaps.

"So are we going to stand here and watch you cry until we die?" She growls.

"......"

"Hate to break this to you Eren but sometimes we need to make choices here." Levi adds.

"Eren the sea, where Armin wants to go is waiting for us...are we going to die now?" I remind him.

"The sea.." Eren whispers to himself.

He then stood up. "Whether the sea is real or not I will save you all!" He yells then looks around.

With tears he glances at something and then grabs a small jar and cracked it between his teeth as the it broke releasing some liquid inside his mouth.

After a strong gulp, he bites his hand and turns into a Titan. We notice some hardening forming looking like crystals. It spread everywhere making a tree looking shape.

"Quick get under Eren!" Levi orders.

We run underneath him bracing ourselves in the string wind as the hardening stops got bigger and we notice the string wind and rumbling stopped.

After the chaos was done me and Mikaa went in top of his hardened titan and realised Eren out, he looked exhausted but at least he succeeded saving us and himself too.

"It looks like you unlocked your hardening ability and it was useful, we might use this power to retake Wall Maria and see that basement." Levi points out.

We get news that Armin and the tigers are okay and it's safe to get up. After Eren got up I got out behind him.

"[y/n]." Armin's gives me a hand.

"Thanks Armin." I say then ruffle his hair.

"We need to come up with a plan, we got a fucker to chase." Levi points in the distance.

It was some huge Titan that was crawling face down onto the ground leaving a deep dug up trials behind him.

"This Titan must be bigger than the colossal Titan." I stare at it.

"You could be right." Levi agrees.

We then hear the houses of horses and see Erwin and his squad arriving.

"Well done you all managed to get out of there alive, anyone injured?" Erwin asks.

"Hange injured herself." I point at her and she shows her hand.

Erwin glances at it. "Nothing serious she can still fight." Erwin reassures.

"Yes sir." She nods,

"However we will need to treat that." Erwin adds.

Soon after we were on a carriage following the Rod Reiss Titan.

I was sitting beside Hange while she later down with bandages wrapped around her hand.

"What will happen if the Titan reaches the wall?" I ask.

"If Eren can turn into his Titan form, he can put barrels gun powder in the titan then explode him." Armin explains his idea.

"But titans can regenerate what if Rod Reiss' Titan won't die?" She asks with a weakening voice.

"That's exactly when we all come in and slice each flesh we find; when the flesh that is the nape is sliced, the Titan will surely die." Armin strikes his chin.

"Seems like a good idea." Erwin replies.

"Walls that's actually clever Armin, what would we do without your genius brain?" I knock his head and he laughs.

"It should take ages for the Reiss Titan to reach the wall maybe until the sun rises." I retort.

"Well Eren, will you be able to do your role?" Levi faces Eren making him flinch.

Eren stood up with an angry face full of determination. "Yes I will, I will turn into my Titan and do my duty." He punches the air.

"Good." Levi nods.