-chapter 13-

My eyes felt heavier and heavier. My eye sight went blurry but still i was able to adjust my surroundings.

The sound of odm gear rang in my ear. Am i going to be rescued? I tried to look up but my neck felt stiff as i winced in pain.

I couldn't move, the areas that had a burning sensation from earlier felt uncomfortably numb and tingly. The only thing that moved were my teary eyes of despair.

The odm gear sound got louder and i felt a swift off wind. A male figure landed right in front of me. His hair was woven from the black heavens, fine strands of spacetime and starlight all styled in an under cut.

It is Levi. He looked down at me with no emotion shown on his face, his emotions were hidden inside his eyes, it was all readable.

He has just lost his squad, Eren who is who knows where and he also has to deal with me, i felt guilty.

Belief is when there is no reason to hope, when despair sets in, and yet he held fast to a certainty that it is worth seeking the light, even if you have never seen it, i can read all the despair and sympathy in his eyes.

"Captain." I manage to say in a weak tone.

"What happened..?" He says in a shaky voice.

"Dont worry about me, go find Eren, he is after the female titan." I reassure him.

"And leave you here?" He glares at me.

"Yeah trust me i'll be fine, if you or anyone come back to get me i swear i will be fine." I reassure yet again.

"Stay alive, thats an order." He points at me with a stern face which i return a smile to him.

He takes a quick glance at me and then shoots a hook up disappearing in the distance. Good luck i thought to myself.

Half an hour later

I felt hungry and thirsty. It was silent, i knew i was just sitting there near the dead bodies of my squad mates, in fact my friends.

I couldn't cry anymore, my emotions felt numb, i really wanted to let it out but I couldn't. Maybe I should have died instead of them.

Why did Eld even save me? What was my value to him? Me and Oulo hated each over why did he look at me like that? Did he actually still care for me? Petra where are you? Are you somewhere safer with them?

So many thoughts ran in my head giving me a head ache. I wanted to cry but my emotions wouldnt let it out. All i did was grunt in frustration, I couldn't even feel my saliva in my mouth, i just wanted water. My stomach begged for food to the point it gave me cramps.

"Armin, Eren, Mikasa are you three at least okay? I cant break Carla's promise." I whisper to myself.

Suddenly i felt the grassy ground disappear. I felt arms wrap around me in the air, the sound of odm gear too.

I look up to see Mikasa holding me in her arms looking down at me.

"You're safe dont worry." She reassures me and i manage to tear up with a weak smile.

"Th..the others?" I question her.

She gives me a small smile, "they are both okay." She explains and i sigh in relief. "We're heading back hold on." She adds.

As we were flying through the forest beautiful yet dangerous, i noticed Levi in front of us holding an unconscious Eren. He looked like he was coated with something sticky but as long he is okay then its good.

I was then placed onto a wagon next to Eren with my folded jacket underneath my head. I felt sleepy and felt my energy completely disappear and i drifted to deep slumber.

In the infirmary

My eyes fluttered open to the dim light. As far as i could describe the room, it was all white with wooden furniture.

I slowly sat up to meet a struck of pain in my head. I place my hand against my head to feel some fabric, i soon realised it was some bandages.

I felt a little sting on my leg, i removed the covers off me to see a long stitch across my leg. Thats when I remembered everything, it hit me like a brick.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door to open revealing a blonde boy. Armin.

"Hey [y/n] i got you some food and water." He smiles at me sitting down.

"Armin im glad you're alive after this expedition." I warmly smile with a sign of relief written on my face.

"Here, let me help you." He takes a spoon full of soup and reaches it to my mouth.

"Its fine i can eat by my- i try to reassure him but he shoves the spoon in my mouth.

"Please let me help you, you have always helped me!" He whines and i sigh in approval.

After feeding me while i felt like a weak baby he  just looked at me smiling at me.

"How long was i unconscious for?" I ask with curiosity.

"About a hour." He replies and i nod. "I need get going now good night [y/n]." He smiles standing up.

"Good night, thank you for giving me some company Armin." I warmly smile at him.

"Its okay, get well soon!" He says and leaves the room shutting the door behind him.

I missed the feeling of warmth, a full stomach, being no longer thirsty and most of all being safe; i have received it back.

However something was missing and it was my friends, i missed them dearly but i knew crying for them wouldnt bring them back or fix anything, like Kenny said:
'crying wont solve anything, you gotta keep moving forward kid.'

I flinched at the noise of the door slowly creaking opening up. It revealed the familiar abnormal woman, Hange.

Of course she didnt have that devilish smile on her face, instead it was poker face with sympathy.

"Sorry im late, just wanted to see how you're doing." She sits down. "Levi told me about you." She adds.

After i heard her last sentence i was a little confused. Was he worried for me? But why? I highly doubt he shows any emotions therefore he would care for his comrades, never thought of that.

Then my thoughts were interrupted, "Earth to [y/n]!"she giggles.

"Right, sorry." I say with a nervous smile.

"It's getting late, I shouldnt be here you should rest now, i'll check on you first thing tomorrow morning." She says standing up leaving.

I then suddenly remember something, i was going to ask Hange if she knew any background story of Levi.

"Wait-" i say but she has already left.

I sigh. I will ask her tomorrow. I slam myself back on the pillow laying on my back. I close my eyes and brace myself for a tomorrow and fell to deep slumber.