-chapter 53-

A/N: for people telling me that Hange is non-binary, Isayama said that we get to choose their gender ans I prefer using she/her or sometimes them/ they. Just to clear things up :).

We were waiting to be called in so we can start the fallen soldiers' funeral.

I placed a hand on Levi's shoulder and gave him a small smile of reassurance.

"Its okay, it will be over." I say.

"Right." He looks away.

Levi checks the time and looks over at me.

"Lets tell the others, its time." He says.

I nod in response and we with walk to where the rest of the squad should be. There we saw Floch having a go at Armin but Levi calmly stops them tilting his head gesturing them to come over.

"Its time, get going." Levi says.

"Yes sir!" Eren salutes.

We both walked our way while the others followed from behind. We were instructed to kneel down and wait for Queen Historia.

I started to get nervous and caught Armin looking over at me. I gave him a sad smile which he returned then looked up.

There came Historia and started off with Hange handing out her hand towards her. Hange takes it and kisses her hand.

If im honest, she deserved better especially with Ymir too, I have always loved their relationship together but that just flew away.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when i realised it was my turn. I awkwardly took her hand and placed my lips against her smooth skin then quickly pulled away and gave her an awkward look.

She places the necklace around my collar then moves on to the next few. I realise that she was standing in the same spot for a while so I rotated my head to see what was going on.

I looked at Eren and he was still holding Historia's hand looking terrified.

"Eren?" Hange calls out.

"O-oh sorry." He quickly pulls away looking down in worry and confusion.

After the funeral

Me and Armin were sitting next to each over with blankets on our laps. Currently Eren and Mikasa were in cells for breaking military law back when Mikasa and Eren tried to attack Levi.

I figured that Armin was sleeping with his head leaning on shoulder and almost drooling. I found myself getting tired so I slowly closed my eyes.

Just as I closed my eyes I flinch and feel my head bump into something and heard a yelp and a scream behind me.

I realised that I bumped my head into Armin's head.

"Sorry." He says rubbing his head.

"Its fine." I say then look behind me. There was Mikasa popping her head out in between the cells looking out for Eren.

Eren was sitting up on his bed with tears, his eyes widened and panting.

"Eren are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

As soon as I asked him, the door opened to reveal Levi and Hange.

"Come on you guys are getting out of here." Levi says as he starts to unlock the cells.

"Where are we going?" Eren asked wiping a tear.

"What happened to you?" Levi asks glaring.

"Its just...never mind." He sighs.