Chapter 2

~Edited: 28.01.2023~

Y/N POV

Just as the words left my mouth, i heard the sound of chopsticks hitting the bowl and then the table. I looked at the source of the sound. 

It was no one else than my brother.

He stared at me like i lost my mind or something. Then his eyes turned angery and he got up. His chair fell down backwards as he ran out the room and up the stairs. I could here his door slam behind him and winced a little because of how loud it was.

My eyes were focusing on my bowl. Everything was silent. I felt the tension in the air. When i looked up, my mother and father were staring at me. My father with anger and my mother's look i couldn't figure out, what it meant.

My father talked first again. 

"How could you do something like that to your brother? After all what he had done for you? How much he trained with you so you would get better? But not only needed he to fail the test because YOU didn't want to help him, no, now you need to keep reminding him, that you think you stand above him. What of a sister are you?!"

Now THAT made me angry. 

"I wanted to help my brother studie but he was always like 'NO, I don't need your help'. And i, I, was the one training myself, pushing through everything to get better and now i just want the payoff for it. And i want to be seen as me, not the sister of the great 'King of the court'!" I yelled back at my father. While doing so i stood up and looked at my father angrily. 

"Y/N KAGEYAMA. You don't talk to me like that. And that name won't have a place in our house. I dare you to say it one more time." My father yelled back at me. I just stared at him with pure hatred. "I don't care, if you don't want me to go to Shiratorizawa. I will. Even if i need to run away from here in order to do that."

With that i stormed out of the dining room. I ran upstairs and i slammed the door behind me so hard that my awards in my cabinet started to shack. I flipped onto my bed and pulled the covers over my face. I tried to calm myself down. But it just wouldn't work.

So i got up and did the only thing that would help me. I messaged my Bestie Hoshi Mochizuki. We knew each other since our childhood. She is playing volleyball aswell and isn't bad at it. But probably only because she is training with me.

I messaged her to meet me at the volleyball field in our neighborhood and then changed into some sport clothes. I also got a bag with water, a volleyball and some other stuff, which we will probably need.

Then i ran downstairs, passing every room without looking inside, not caring about my parents yelling my name. I slipped on my shoes while running and then ran out of the house. The field was not far from here in a parc, so i just ran there. And running helps to cool my system.

The moment i arrvied at the parc, i started to slow down and catch my breath. I sprinted most of the way. Some would say good training other would say blank stupidity. I walked the last bit to the court to see Hoshi Mochizuki already there. 

I yelled her name and she turned around and waved at me. I waved back while smiling and ran the last bit to her and hugged her tightly. Then i broke the hug and looked at her. 

Hoshi has blond hair, which always looks as if it was shining, from where her name also comes from. I mean, it basically means star. But she also had the eyes everybody in her family has. Her eyes are in a dark blue with some bright places also matching the names meaning 'full moon night'. She is a little shorter than I am with my Y/H (A/N: Your Height. It would fit best it it's around 5'7 - 5'9 feet or 1,73m - 1,8m) which is already really tall for a girl.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Hoshi asked and i smiled while nodding. Hoshi is in the position of a wing spiker. But she is really good at blocking too so she could be easily a middle blocker aswell. So we got ourselfes ready. I stood at the net and she at the back with the ball in hands.

Then she threw the ball and i set it to her. We made diffrent tempos. We started in third to warm up and then went over the second to first tempo. We made a row of them and then sat down exhausted. Mainly because i also set the ball on the other side of the court, so Hoshi needed to run there while she also threw the ball at diffrent places than just where i stood.

We sat down and both got our water bottles. We just sat there in silence until Hoshi broke it.

"So what happend?" She asked. I knew, it would happen because she knew something was up on the way i wanted her to come here immediatly and it happend some time before. So i sighed and started explaining what happend today.

When i ended, my head was leaning on her shoulde, she had an arm around me and i was just looking at the volleyball filed, lost in my thoughts.

"But hey! See it positively. I am going to Shiratorizawa aswell and i will support you, no matter what." she said and i smiled at her and said, while hugging her, "You are the best friend anyone could wish to have." "Stop praising me like that. You will make me flustered." She said jokingly and we both started laughing.

We cleaned up and got our stuff together and then needed to sepreate our ways because her home was on the opposite side of the parc. So we hugged a last time and i started jogging home.

I arrived there faster, than i would have thought. I took a deep breathe, unlocked the door with my keys and then stepped inside.

--------------------------------

Hey!

I hope you liked the story.

If you have any ideas, just tell me. I am open for everything.

Then: 'Til the next chapter.

Your A/N