Chapter 9

Y/N POV

I already knew a little about them but not enough to set the ball best for them. I wanted to gather information mainly but also get to know them because if i really allowed to i would love to play with them.

I got to the position of the setter and Ushijima started to through the ball up and then received it. The receive went to me perfectly. Not bad, my dude, not bad. I got into position to set and jumped up. It would be a rather normal attck, so it would be in second tempo. I set the ball high enough, so he could jump as high as he wants to hit it. And that's, what he did. He hit the ball with much force down on the other side. Not much as in someif his hits but more then his normal. To receive that one, would hurt.

He looked at me with a questioning look. "Something wrong?" I asked and he just didn't responded. He was still looking at me. "Ahm, was that set okay? Or do you need it a little more higher." I asked and he responded with a emotionless and prompt "A little higher."

Why does my heart hurts now? What the fuck is going on? I don't understand. But i can't deal with that right now. I need to concentrate on this. I will ask Hoshi later.

Then the procedur went on like this, til the number five of Shiratorizawa was up to through the ball up. He was special. He needed a special set. I smirked to myself. I just wanted to try. And form what i knew about him, it will work.

He threw the ball up and received it to me and started to run for attack in second tempo, but i had other ideas. I set the ball to the position, he would be, before he could even come nearer then like two steps or something. And i set the ball high. Of course, the ball would stop, so he would also be able to do a second tempo attack. But that' not, what i wanted.

And I watched the 5.

He acted on instinct.

He ran faster and jumped high up. With this jumping hight not a single block could keep up with him. He hit the ball down with much force, i didn't saw before in the game. And then he landed smoothly.

The team just stared at us.

The number 5 turned around to me. "What the hell was that? I thought we only make second tempo attacks." He said still in shock. " I never said that. But to answere your question: This was an attack." I said.

 The coach came over to us. I guess his name was Tanji Washijo. "That was some kind of attack i never saw before. Was that on accident? I mean, that the ball speeded so much. If he wouldn't ran faster, he wouldn't be able to hit it. And since when can you jump so high, Tendo?" The number five,  i guess his name is Tendo, just shrugged.

"Wait, wait, wait. You are telling me, you never used your hight and jumping ability at one time and jumped higher then most of the blocks can reach?!" I asked with a shocked and disbelieving face. "Ahm, yeah?" He said. On that i just shook my head. But there was just one thing i needed to answere.

So i turned around to the coach and said "No, and  that is the specilty on that set. The spiker can go from a second attack into first. But he also can not do it. Because the ball stops right there, where the spiker would be. So he could also go from second in first tempo on the ground but then make a delay attack. Or a copmlet second tempo. The possibilities are endless."

The coach looked surprise. " I never heard of such a set." He said and i smiled proudly. "Yeah, because i invented it myself." He nodded. "But i still wanna see it. Ushijima. Do another." Ushijima nodded. And got ready so did i.

He then threw the ball up and received it to me. I watched his moves and knew, where he would be. I then set the same ball, like i did to Tendo. And Ushijima switched from second tempo into the first tempo, till he was at the thought position and did a delay attack. While he was down, the ball stopped right at the point, he would be, when he is in the air. And when he jumped, the ball was still there. And he hit the ball straight down with even more force than before.

'Wow's and 'Oh's came from everywhere of the team and Tendo was compltely freaking out. But my eyes were glued onto Ushijima. He was staring at me again as if he was trying to figure me out.

"Something wrong?"  

"No, not at all." 

And he turned around with these words and left. I am going to find out, what the hell is wrong with him but right now i need ot focus on what is infront of me and not what is going on in somebodys head.

After that, we continued practice. I managed to find some hiddedn talents in my teammates. Wait, teammates? I already call them teammates even though we didn't even had a game together or i was oficcially allowed to play with them.

After practice, Ushijima was talking to his coach. Okay, i am going to find out what is wrong now. So i walked over to them and they said something like "Okay, that's what we are going to do then." That made me think, they are finished with their talk, so i pulled Ushijima on his collar away. 

I felt how he was resisting but i didn't care. I pulled him outside and pushed him into out corner. Our? Oh my gosh, what is going is on with me?

I looked at him with a determenated look and he just raised an eyebrow at me. So i took the initiative and asked the question i wanted to ask so bad.

"What the hell is going on with you?!"

----------------------------------------------------

Hey!

So this was this chapter and i hope you enjoyed it.

Have a nice day/night.

I hope to see you soon.

Your A/N