Chapter 4

Y/N POV

I got up together with Hoshi and we walked downstairs. I also had my bag over my shoulder. 

By the time we reached the living room, my mother was still talking to my dad because of something and she told me, that i should go and grab the keys for the car. So that's what i did.

They were laying on the dining table and i grabbed the and Hoshi and I made our way to the front door and put on our shoes. After that we went outside and into our garage. I just klicked the open button on the key and it was the one to our Tesla. We can open it with a crad. but that one always my mother has, or with a key.

Hoshi volunteered to sit in the back and i was fine with it. We threw our bags into the trunk. I sat down in front then. We waited a little and then mom already arrived. "Sorry for the wait. But we can start now." my mom said while starting the car. 

During our drive, we didn't talk very much. Here and there some word exchanges but that was all. I was mainly watching the world outside the car flying by. 

As we then arrived at the Shiratorizawa parking lot, i was nervous to be honest. I took some deep breaths and then got out of car. Hoshi and I got our bags and made out way to the gate after saying goodbye to my mother. She would be staying in a city nearby and stuff so when we are finished we could call her.

At the gate we were met with a lot more people. About 40 i guess. About 10 girls and 30 boys. After a short period of time, i which Hoshi and i talked a little about random stuff just between us, we were fatched by a teacher, who brought us then into the changing rooms. 

I quickly got into my short sports pants and put on my kneecaps and gym shoes. I got my waterbottles out of my bag and waited for Hoshi to get ready. We both took our jackets with us just in case and then made our way to the Gym. 

The teacher told us, how to get there and short after we arrived into the Gym. There were already the teams from the Shiratorizawa girls and boys club. I scanned them once all over but didn't really memorized their faces. Yeah, of cours i knew some of them like Wakatoshi Ushijima but i probably couldn't tell you, that they were here when i would see them on the streets.

We assambled all in the middle of the gym. There were 3 volleyball fields and i was really curious on what we are doing. The trainer from the Shiratorizawa boys club explained it to us.

"So today to test how you all play, we will make teams. We have all your positions and we will put them together in a bowl and we draw then the teams out so that every team has a setter, a libero and so on and so on. We will make four teams and then rotated through. You will play against each other and against the teams of Shiratorizawa. Am i understood?"

We all answered with "Yes sir." And then he started to draw the teams. Me and my teammates assembled in on court in which we will play at first and started to chat a little to get to know each other. My team consist:

Y/N Kageyama (female, Y/A (A/N: Means your age but let's just say ot would fit best between 15-16)): Setter

Teiko Akina (female, 15): Middle Blocker

Kami Katsu (male, 16): Middle Blocker

Kai Akakura (male, 15): Libero

Umeko Miyako (male, 16): Wingspiker

Yu Shibata (male, 15): Wingspiker

Raku Ryuu (male, 15): Wingspiker

Laito Tama (male, 16): Wingspiker

We were with 8 people so we would have one to change. We decided that Tama would stay outside at first. We would switch only if needed. So we would try to only switch between the games. I also made the proposal that we could switch in positions like Wingspiker with middle blocker or with the setter. They were fine with it but we would try and play on our normal positions first.

We started with in the front row on the left Shibata, then Akina and on the right Ryuu. In the backrow we would start with me on the left, then Akakura in the middle and on the right Miyako. He would be the first to serve. Kastu was outside for Akakura. 

Our first match was against another team of first years. The boys and girls volleyball club would start with playing against each other. But before we started, we wormed ourselfes up. I suggested to run some laps around the court and after that stretching. Then we would start with defens worm up, while the other would do offence and then we switch. Both teams were okay with it, so that what we did.

After the laps and stretching, the main coach of the boys volleyball team hit the balls for us. His name was Tanji Washijo. All the coaches split up and did that. So he just ended up with us. So we started. He just kinda like spiked the ball down and we received them. it wasn't really difficult. His hits weren't something unbelievable special but not normal aswell. They were strong to be honest.

After some time doing it and me giving especially the middle blockers some tips to do their receives better, the positions switched. I managed to analyce the opposite teams a little while worming up. Nobody here was bad but nobody was unbelievable good. Yeah, the main teams were really good and the spikes of Ushijima were good but nothing which is impossible to stop.

Then we switched and we started with doing attacks. I wanted to get a feeling for their attacks. Akakura stood on the other side of the court, ready to receive and Shibata was the first one to start spiking.

 He threw the ball up in the air above himself and received the ball and played it to me. I analyzed his movements and set the ball. He jumped to it and hit it. It was an attack in second tempo.

"How was the ball?" I asked him immediatly afterwards. He turned around while he was walking away to get the ball and said "Really good. Maybe a little higher." I nodded and got ready to sat for Akina.

So the worming up went over and we got ready to start our first game.

-----------------------------------

Hey!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

I hope to see you in the next chapter.

Your A/N