Chapter 71

Y/N POV

~3 am japanese timezone~

My flight has just landed and i am currently ruinning through the airport to the car already waiting outside. As soon as i saw it, i got inside and driver, who had been already informed beforehand, got me to the Gym in no time, passing the speedlimit quite a few times.

As soon as the car was infront of the entrance to the Gym, i hopped out of it. I had already changed into my trikot and all during the flight, so now i was running through all these people standing in the hallway to the entrance to the actual Gym. 

Short before arriving there, i meet my team. It wasn't planned like this, but way better because we could now go inside together. They told me they had warmed up in a smaller Gym and would now finish by attacking in the official one.

Then we walked inside as a team.

(A/N: You know the scene from the anime and how they walk inside? Yeah, like that just on the right side of Ushijima is Y/N, just so you have an idea.)

Karasuno looked like their nerves were skyrocketing. It looked so funny. I wanted to laugh but i had to keep a straight face.

Coach: "Do some quick passing and then we will continue with attacks."

Toshi and I peared up and did some passing, sometimes even hitting the ball, so we would have to dive for it. After we all warmed up a bit again, we started with attacks.

I would hit the ball from the middle of the court at the player standing in the back, they would receive it back to me and i would set it for them. The usual.

But seemingly Toshi wanted to make a statement and hit the ball unnessecarely hard on the ground. 

Me: "You are going to have to pay for the ball if it breaks, you know?"

Toshi: "I know, but you should be an expert in that area by now."

I know, what he was referring to. It happens from time to time that i hit a ball so hard, especially while serving, that it breaks and i always have to buy a new one myself and these balls are fucking expensive, but anyways.

That way, we continued practice/warm-up until everyone had hit the ball a few times. Toshi hit the ball now with a little bit less stregth but still way to hard.

After we left the court, Karasuno started attacking and my brother and Hinata made a cracy shot but at the same time it would be impossible to do it in tha game, so i didn't really care about it.

Me: "Toshi, can you hit the ball for me a few times? I wanna get my arms completly ready for strong receives."

Toshi: "Sure."

We went a bit to the side and he hit the ball while i received it. We did that a few times before the coach called us all together.

Coach: "You all know how important this game is and that we want to win this in order to continue playing in the nationals. But you all also know that that isn't going to work unless we put 180% into it. Every single one of us needs to put 180% into it. Understood?"

We all answered at the same time "Yes, coach!"

Coach: "Good. The line-up will be as followed: Front left: Wakatoshi Ushijima, Front middle: Taichi Kawanishi, Front right: Reon Ohira, Back left: Tsutomu Goshiki, Back middle: Hayato Yamagata, Bach right: Y/N Kageyama, Middle blocker who comes in for the libero: Satori Tendo. I've switched you, Tendo and Kawanishi, because i want Tendo ujp against that tiny 10. You did a great job guessing the right person in the practice matches, so continue doing that, understood?"

Again we all answered: "Yes, coach!"

Coach: "Good, now all of you will go out there and give 180%!"

We stood in a circle and i put my hand to the front and everybody else did the same.

I yelled "SHIRATORIZAWA!" and they answered with "FIGHT!" while we all raised our hands above our head.

Then we went onto the field.

Karasuno was still getting ready while i heared a voice from behind me. I turned around and looked up the grandstand and saw Hoshi standing up the front in her uniform.

Hoshi: "Do your best, okay?"

Me: "For sure!"

I smiled up at her and she smiled back done, before i turned back around and completly focused on the match. By now Karasunoa was also standing ready on their side of the field, so the game could finally begin.

(A/N: I just wanted to say that i won't be describing every little scene. I will only take out a few and say the scores at the end of the set, but i won't do it detailled because it would be simply way to much work.)

We would start serving, so Goshiki did that and Daichi received on the other side. They attacked over Tanaka but Kawanishi made a one touch, so Yamagata could receive it with ease, i set it to Toshi, who brought the first point home by striking right through the triple block.

That way the game went on. At a score from 5:0 we missed our first point because of a block-out from Ohira, but it's not bad, It happens and belongs to volleyball.

Karasuno made their first serve and Yamagata received it. I set the ball in first tempo to Kawanishi, who acted like he would strike and in the very last moment changed to a faint and let the ball fall to the ground.

That way the set went on until we won 11:25. Karasuno had some pretty got tricks up their sleves but not enough to defeat a well-trained coordinated group of eagles.

But even after only this first set i felt the exhaustion because of all the games that i had to play the last few days. I didn't let anybody know. They needed me now more than ever.

So we started into the second set. Due to rows of uncatchable serves from both me and Toshi, we won this set aswell with 14:25. But there were quite a few mistakes that i've allowed myself like not really good receives or not so percise sets.

As i walked to the coach in the break, he said something, i would have never expected.

Coach: "You're staying on the bench."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!

TAHNK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR OVER 100k READS!!!!!!!!

Even though it has again been nearly three months and i am really sorry for that but my life has been an absolute mess.

I've lost some of my closes friends without a reason and it took some time to get back to them and apologise for things i've never done so we could be friends again. But it still doesn't feel exactly like the way it was before

At the same time i has some really bad mental health problems and i tried to push through but at the same time i just wanted to end it. But i'm getting better, i hope.

Furthermore, i had over 13 exams in 8 weeks and i had a lot of stress due to that.

So i hope you can kind of understand why it was so hard for me to update, but i decided to do something like a christmas present for you and update. I hope to update soon but i dan't promise anything.

I hope you still enjoyed the chapter.

I hope you have a nice Day/Night and Merry Christmas!

Your A/N