Chapter 11

Y/N POV

Up against us were a bunch of first years. It loook like their libero was a girl. I recognized her. I guess. I wasn't really sure but i think she was one of the best liberas in my junior high school time.

 But she wasn't better then our. 

Well, i may or may not have forced our libera to be really good at receiving and trained with her like every day.

 But that doesn't matter right now.

 I think she went to Aoba Johsai... 

But that's not important right now.

I put my full focus on the game infront of me. I needed to prove, that i can play with them as one team. So don't make sets, that are too intrusive. Let them have sapce.

Our team was up to serve first. Sagae made a rather normal serve. It wasn't really something, well, really special. But the ball went over and not to the libero, but in the space between out and the person on their right side. The boy probably thought, the ball would go out, but it hit the space between just perfectly, scoring us our first point.

We shortly celebrated and then Sagae was getting ready to serve again. "Give us another one, Sagae." I called and he nodded, fully concentrading on his upcoming serve. He threw the ball up and did the same serve, just this time on the opposite side. But the player there received it. Not good, but he did. 

The ball went to their setter and then to the left. I was making a read block and so i ran to the left side, blocking the ball down.

There were our second point.

And it went on like that. Sagae would serve, they received it or missed it. When they would attack, i would ether block them down or Teendo or at least do a one touch and then we would attack. And that's, how we scored 10 points in a row.

Now was the same again. Tendo made a one touch and Yamagata received the ball perfectly, the ball went to me. I would do an attack over Ushijima, i decided. We made short eyecontact and he understood. I didn't care, what he would do but the ball would stay where he was. 

But don't make it too intrusive.

Don't make it too intrusive.

I repeated the sentence over and over in my head. And i then set the ball. It didn't look as powerful as other times but it did look good. And it stooped, right where i wonted it to.

Ushijima jumped directly up for an attack in first tempo and slammed the ball down on the other side. but it looked more controlled. The ball, the power, with what the ball was hit, looked more controlled.

We got together and celebrated shortly and afterwards i turned to Ushijima. "What do you think of a set like that?" I asked him. "I really like it. Keep it up." Was his answere. I nodded and we both got back onto our positions to continue the game.

And that's how the game continued. We were now at 18 : 0 in the lead. I attacked over Ushijima, made a few quciks with Tendo or even a bachrow attack once. It was kinda chaotic, but it worked out. 

That was, when they scored their first point.

Sagae missed his serve and the ball went into the net. We told him to shrug it off and that stuff like that can happen. Which was true. It can but it shouldn't. 

That was when they made their serve. It went over, but directly to our libero and Yamagata received it without any big problems. I ran after the serve up front to the net to the setters position. I set the ball to the one person, who i haven't set before to in this game: Ohira.

It was the same set as the one i sent to Ushijima but he made an attack in second tempo to it and slammed the ball on the other side. 

SO it was my turn to serve now. Well, kids, you better perpare to die.

I went back some steps so i would have enough room for a jump serve. "Give us a nice serve, Kageyama." Tendo called. It was weird being called that name because it usually means my brother. I will just talk about it with them later. 

"Of course, Tendo" I called back and got ready to serve. I heared the whistle blow. I breathed in and out another time before throwing the ball up, running a little and then slamming it down right at the point between the libera and another player. I didn't hit the ball with all force, maybe half, but they still couldn't move a muscle.

The whistle blow again, giving us the point. 

"Damn, that's one hell of a serve." Tendo sat, when we met in the middle. "Thanks" I said and from Ushijima i received an apreciating nod. It was kinda heartwarming. 

I went back to the ground line and got the ball again. "Give us another one, Kageyama." Tendo yelled. God, how i hated being called that name. But okay, i needed to calm down again.

With that and after the whistle blow again, i made another jump serve. I Hit the ball again straight down in the court with nobody being able to receive it.

That's what i did for the next 3 serves aswell. Then i was forced to rotated.

We were in the lead 24 : 1.

Tendo was up to serve and he brought it over and the ball fell down just midway in the other court. It was unable to be received. I turned to Tendo with a questioning look and he just smiled and said "You are not the only one with unnormal serves."

"Fair enough." I said. I didn't told him, that i could do such a serve aswell but i was surprised because i rarely meet other people, who are able to do something like that.  Then we both went to the coaches, where we grabbed our water and a towl.  I sat down further away from the team to cool down. I always needed some time for myself. Then Tendo called out to me. "Hey, are you coming, Kageyama? Teammeeting."

I went over to him but before the coachs could say anything i did. "Can i say something real quick?" I looked at the coaches and then they said "Sure, why not, Kageyama."

"That's what i wanted to talk about." I said and they looked at me questioning. "We all know, that my name is Y/N Kageyama and it may sound weird, but i want you to call me just Y/N. My brother is the one being called Kageyama, so i got used to being always called by my first name, and i want to keep that up, if it's okay."

----------------------------------------------

Hey!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

See you soon, i hope.

Your A/N