Chapter 57

Y/N POV

After some more practicing the same thing, we switched it up.

Now, we were all in one court. The setter would switch out after every set and the libera aswell. Two middle blocker would try to block the hits from the remaining player and after every time every person made an attack, there were new middle blcoker or in new constelations.

It was quite fun to find out so much over the strength and weaknesses of the other people on my team.

After some more practicing like that, we made more specific training in stuff like receiving or serving.

That is also when we got to meet the extra coaches and get to know them better. because each one of them has a specialty for training which is needed in a full game.

After all that, we had finally a lunch break. It was by now 1 pm and we were all ready for a break.

The coach leaded us down the hallway in which we got to the Gym and then to the entrence hall. There, we needed to walk up quite a few staircases which then eventually leaded to the floor above the Gym and the cafeteria, which is on that level.

We sat down at a large desk after grabbing some food and ate together, while talking some more.

I, myself, stayed quiet most of the time unless somebody directly asked me.

I excused myself from the table, saying that i needed some fresh air, which was the truth because usually during my breaks at volleyball practice, i would always be outside. It let me calm down, especially my brain, which was sometimes runing hundreds of miles per second while playing volleyball.

So i grabbed my water bottle and went down the stairs and out the front door.

But it just leaded me outside, yes, but also on a really busy street in Tokio. And it left me absolutly no way to calm my head down, especially with all the noise. Well, i still slid down the wall next to the door, closed my eyes and tried to black out the noise around me in order to calm down, which wasn't working so well though.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" The coach asked me.

i didn't jump or anything by her sudden arrive because what would bring that to me or her? So i just stayed calm, but opened my eyes and looked at her from the ground. She was standing infront of me so i needed to look up to her.

"Just trying to calm down. But that seems to be impossible with all this noise." I said.

"Well, i maybe know a place where you would be able to calm down a little." The coach said and then stretched a hand out to me "If you want to, i can show you."

I grabbed the hand with a thankful expression and she then pulled me up to my feets.

"Follow me." She said, so that is what i did. 

We went back inside and to the staircase but she went further upstairs until the staircase ended. We went down a hallway and at the end was a door. She got out a keychain from her pocket, selected one and with that opened the door.

She pushed it open and motioned me to go through first. So that is what i did.

And it was amazing.

We were on the rooftop of the building, the streets a lot quieter now and the view amazing.

"Wow, this is... I don't even know how to desrcibe it." I said still completly flashed.

"I know. I still remeber how i felt, when my ex coach showed it to me the first time." The coach said.

"You already trained here?" I asked after turning around to her.

"Yup. I was in the same situation as you are now. First practice with this completly new team also as a setter. I had more things in my head than ever before. But i couldn't find anywhere to calm down. So when we started the second part of the training I completly messed up techniques, sets, even hole game plays. So the coach called me over and brought me up here so i could finally calm down and order all the thoughts in my head." She told me. While she did that, she started walking to the edge of the rooftop, which has a fence around it, so you wouldn't fall off. I followed her, so we ended up standing right next to each other leaning against the fence.

"Yeah, i do have to think about a lot. On and off court. What techniques are best for which person. Stuff like that. And then there is added that i still have to get to know all of them and their way to play and as a setter, you are forced to bring it all together in one smooth play. That is definetly anything but easy. Being able to calm down a little here and there is sometimes like heaven." i told her.

"Already I had to think about so much, but your skill is on a hole other level than it was by me. After just setting to a person once, you try to make the set that you play to them as easy for them to hit as possible. And then you even manage to do that, while having to face a two man block with just one person, who is attacking. That is quite a skill level every setter in the world wishs to have in your age." She said.

It was actually shocking me how good she was able to anslyze me already but considering that she was a setter before, it also became understandble.

"Well," she continued "If you want to, i will make a second key for the rooftop door, so you can come up here, when ever you feel the need to, okay?"

"You really don't have to do this." I said. I didn't want that she needed to do something like that for me.

"Nonsense. You are now on my team, so you stand under my care. And i know it helps you, so i will do it." She insisted.

"I guess, i don't have a say in this anymore then." I said laughing, onto she joined in.

After a few more minutes in comfortable silence, we went back down and back to training.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey!

I know it is a little earlier than most of the time, but: Here is a new chapter!

I hope you enjoyed.

Yesterday, i thanked you for over 19k Reads and already this morning, it was at over 20k so: THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR OVER 20k READS!

I hope you have a nice Day/Night!

Your A/N