Chapter 10

Y/N POV

"What do you mean, what is going on with me? Nothing is going on with me."

He said. Is he completly stupid? Does he think i wouldn't notice it? How he stares at me after the majority of the sets like i did something to him like setting the ball bad or something. But then he just ignores my questions or looks. So i asked it straight out. The thing i could change the easiest.

"Is something wrong with my sets? Don't they fit with you?"

"What the hell has that to do with you sets now?"

"Because after everytime i set for you, you are just so weird. You stare at me and then just ignore me. No matter what. And i don't know, what i did wrong."

He stared at me with a blank expression. Then he looked away for a short moment and then looked back at me. His face was diffrent. But i couldn't really say, what his face showed for emotions.

"I hate it, when i don't have control over something. And everytime i hit one of your sets, I can't control with how much force i hit the ball. And i hate it. And i also don't know why. It's like i have the control but at the same time completly lost it. So could you please explain to me, what the hell you are doing to me?"

What? It is because of my sets... But what is wrong with that. It had been the way i also had set the ball. Without hesitation. Is he the only one feeling like that or are there more? Why didn't they say anything? Is it my fault? Did i do something wrong? What is wrong with the way i set?

I felt a hand on my check. I looked up to see Ushijima had layed one of his hands on my face and his thumb was slowly carrassing my cheek.

"It's okay. I just need to get used to it. But i still hate the feeling of not having the control over it. Just don't overthink it to much."

"No, no, no. You shouldn't need to adjust to me. I should adjust to you. I probably set the ball like that because i always try to make everyone do their best. And that is also a way to do it. To make them hit with as much force as they can. But i need to let you and the other have more control over it. It probably will be a little difficult, but i think, i will figure something out."

I said and kinda started to ramble at some point. Ushijima nodded with a faint smile on his face. Then we both made our way back inside to join the others. the games would begin soon again. Maybe i could tell Hoshi about my new possibility before. I hope she won't be mad at me. But i don't think so. She had been supporting me all my life so i think, and hope, she will do it now too.

"Let's go back inside."

He nodded and we made our way back inside the Gym. there Tendou ran nearly immediatly to us and asked Ushijima some questions but i complelty shutted him out. I could imagen, what his questions were about. Why i dragged Ushijima outside. Over whta we talked and so on and so on.

I looked around and was trying to find Hoshi. I found her quickly further away from the other people. We both didn't really enyojed being under many people alone but with each other, it was relativly fine.

I shortly made eyecontact with Ushijima and showed him, that i would go to her and he nodded shortly. So i jogged over to her and when she saw me, she came a little in my direction.

"Where the hell were you? I was searching for you like everywhere. I need to tell you something." Hoshi said and sounded really excited. I smiled at her and gave her a short hug. I knew, i had just saw her like a half hour or maybe even a full hour ago or something like that but i still missed her. She hugged back but then she was persistened as always. "Now: Where were you?"

"Ahm, funny story. So like you know we played against Shiratorizawa's boys club?" 

"Yeah anddd?" Was the only thing she said and she practically urged me to keep talking.

"Well, we won with clearly and i blocked Ushijima down multiple times and afterwards they asked me if i wanted to play in their team. In the Shiratorizawa boys club!"

"OH MY GOSH! THAT'S AMAZING" She nearly yelled, but she of cours didn't yell, just talked a little bit louder and with a lot more enthusiasm. She hugged me again and i hugged back. "I am so happy for you."

"But now onto your information. What happend?" I asked and broke our hug. "Well, compared to your info, it's kinda lame." She said. I looked at her with playful wide open eyes. "How could you say something like that? No matter what happens to you, it is as important as stuff, that happens to me, or even above that." The second sentence i said, i was completly serious.

"Well, during out game just now, the coach of the girls volleyball team was watching." She started. "Andddddd?????" I continued. Hoshi looked down for a second and then she looked back up with a really happy expression. "They want me to play in their team."

"That's wonderful!" I cheered for her and hugged her afterwards. I picked her up and spun her around and she just laughed. I let her down shortly afterwards with the words "Damn, you are getting heavy." It was meant friendly and she also took it that way and puched me with a friendly manor in the side, so not that hard, with the words "Eyy."

We both continued to laugh for a while and then talked about our teams and games before we were called back together. Next up we would play against a random group of people. I never saw most of their names. Some could be like they were mentioned somewhere at  some point on a competition but non of them were really important.

So i went over to the team of Shiratorizawa and we assmbled around the coach. They all acted friendly and kindly around me, which made me really happy. He told us our positions. 

Front row: Left: Wakatoshi Ushijima, Middle: Satori Tendo and right: Me, Y/N Kageyama

Back row: Left: Reon Ohira, Middle: Hayato Yamagata switched out after for the middleblocker Taichi Kawanishi, and Right: Yusho Sagae.

And then we went on the court.

Ready to fight for the win.

---------------------------------------

Hey!

I really hope you like the chapter.

And so many thank you for the 110 reads on this book. It means a lot to me.

I hope you have a nice day/night.

Your A/N