6. Irene

Before Irene had to go into the police car, she was instructed to put on a long, pure white dress, untie her hair and take off her shoes and socks in the bathroom. She didn't understand why, but she did as she was told. She would have stayed in there to try and figure out a way to escape, she had a time constraint of five minutes. There were lots of things she thought about grabbing to get herself free, but they would have noticed.

She washed her makeup off, and stared at herself in the mirror. She looked like a tithe that was just a bit older. Then she realized that they were treating her like she was a tithe. That's why they were doing this.

Showcase Angels, in the eyes of tithes, were seen as actual angels, that were brought to earth to stop people from doing things to end up an unwind. She didn't believe in that kind of stuff though. She always believed that if she did anything wrong in her life, she would be sent to be unwound. Which, happened to her.

She walked back outside the bathroom, and was immediately handcuffed again. Irene, at this point, just followed behind them. It wasn't even necessary to pull her along, she just followed. She'd already given up hope of ever getting out of this situation.

She was sat down in the back of the cop car willingly, and stared out of the window. This was truly it. She was going to be unwound. And there was nothing she could do about it.

"Wow, are you serious!? The unwinding of this kid is already on the news!" The cop with a bushy mustache explained. The other cop looked at the video he was playing.
"Guess it's just that important, right?" The other one said. They looked back to Irene. "Hey, they're calling you the Weeping Angel. What do you think about that? You're famous already!" Irene only stared out the window. She couldn't even think straight at this point. All she wanted was to be freed.
"Oh wow it's on all of the channels! How does that even happen!?" The cop with the bushy mustache yelled, as he drove the care and watched the news.

Irene desperately wanted something to happen, but she had already lost the determination. She stared mindlessly and hopelessly at the sun in the sky. At this point she couldn't even tell if the car was moving.

Suddenly, the car flung to the side. She felt herself begin to panic. Before everything smashed down.

She could hear the sound of a blood. She could feel shattered glass. She could smell smoke. She could see... two dead bodies of the cops. Only then did she realize that she was laying on the side of the door.

She quickly got up, and looked up. The other car door had been torn off. Finally she could see a glimmer of light. Maybe she could be free.

She did her best to climb up with handcuffs. It was tough, but she managed to crawl out. After pulling herself out, she jumped down from the top of the broken car. She looked around for a moment, realizing there was a second cop car. But instead of having a cop there, a bunch of kids were there. Irene, taking this as her most likely only escape, ran up to all of them.

"Hello!?" Irene said, looking at the group of kids. They all stared at her. One girl in particular, who was small and had red hair stared at her with an anger in her eyes.
"Ugh, are you a tithe!?" She said in disgust. Irene stared at her for a moment, before realizing she was wearing tithes clothing.
"N- no I'm not-" Irene began.
"Listen tithe, I'll unlock your handcuffs, but then you have to scram, got it?" The girl replied. Irene wanted to dispute that, because tithes don't get handcuffed, but she wasn't in the mood. Plus, she had to focus on getting out of here, because the police would surely be here soon.
"Okay." She replied, holding out her hands. The girl took out some keys from her pocket, and put one in the keyhole. She turned it, and the handcuffs fell off of her wrists... just as she heard a tranq bullet fly by.