32. Irene

"Wendy?" The man said. She sat, confused. This person knew her?
"Lawerence?" Wendy asked, staring at the person, almost confused. He smiled, before looking back.
"Alright, we don't have much time. My car is parked in an area that gets regularly searched for unwinds. We're going to go out there, and you are going to get in the car. Okay?" He explained. Irene thought this guy was sketchy. It was something a kidnapper would say. But hey, if he was one, it wouldn't be as bad as being unwound.

They quickly follows the man with red hair out into the open. They crossed the street, over to a parked car. The man got into the front, and Milo joined him in the passenger seat. Wendy got in, then Kingsley...

Irene stared. Across the street. Her home. The one she had been storked to. The one where she was mentally and physically abused. The one that made her so obsessed with never dying. And on the porch... was a baby in a basket.

"Irene! Get in the car!" Kingsley said, grabbing her arm. But she didn't budge. She just stared at the basket. She could see police lights off in the distance. "We have to go! We're going to be caught-"

Irene ripped herself away, and raced across the street. She approached the porch, as the lights got brighter. A sleeping baby with a peaceful face laid in the basket. Was that what she was like when she was a baby to?

She grabbed the basket, and started running. If she was caught by the police it would be over. She jumped into the car, and slammed the door. The person in the front seat started driving. She looked over at Kingsley and Wendy, who seemed angry.

But she didn't care. That baby was left on the doorstep of a horrible home. And something had told her that she couldn't let them go through what she had to.

They arrived at a small house close by, but you still needed to drive to. Irene started getting horrible vibes. Was this person actually a kidnapper? If so, what was he going to do. She felt someone take her hand. She looked over to see Kingsley. He had a blank face, and wasn't looking at her. But she could tell that he did it on purpose. She wasn't as scared as before.

"This is the house I'm renting. This is where you will all hide out until you turn eighteen." The man explained as everyone got out of the car. Irene sighed, sort of relieved. She still thought he was sketchy, but if it was true they'd be fine.
"Thanks Lawrence." Wendy said, smirking at the guy. He laughed in response.
"Let's get you guys inside before anyone sees us." He replied, pushing everyone into the house.

It was very pretty and well kept. Irene couldn't help but smile. They were safe. They wouldn't have to live out in the wild anymore. Everything would be okay.

"Can I talk with you for a bit?" Kingsley said. She nodded, and followed him. They walked into a bedroom. He sat down on the bed, and stared at her. "Irene..."
"What is it?" She asked. He stared at her for a moment.
"Why did you take the baby?" He asked, pointing at the basket. She frowned, and picked them up.
"Because... I didn't want them to live a life like mine..." she explained. That baby was on her parents doorstep. And she couldn't bare thinking about the life they could've gone through. She looked up at Kingsley. He stared at her, an understood look on his face, but he also seemed a bit mad.
"I..." he paused, and stood up. "If you need any help, come and get me." She smiled, as he walked out of the room.

She looked down at the baby. Peacefully sleeping. What had she gotten herself into? She didn't know how to take care of a baby. Would she even be able to do anything?

She noticed a note in the basket. Storkers never really put other things in, but she brushed it off. She picked it up, and turned it over. The word "Elizabeth" was written on. She looked back to the sleeping child.

"Hello there Elizabeth. I guess you're my responsibility now." She said, smiling at the baby.

About an day later, Irene wanted to pass out. She was completely exhausted. Spending all of her time trying to do stuff around the house to help, and taking care of the baby. It took everything out of her.

She walked into the kitchen and pulled out some baby formula. She put it into a bottle, and started to feed the child, who was wailing. She looked over to see Kingsley staring at her. He had an unimpressed look on his face.

"Irene."
"It's fine! I've got it!" She replied immediately. Kingsley shook his head, and walked up to her.
"No, you don't." He responded.
"You go to the dining room! I'm gonna make some food." She said, brushing him off. He grabbed her by the arm, and turned her around.
"No. You go get some rest, I will take care of the baby." He replied, taking Elizabeth out of her arms. She sighed, and walked away. She went up to her room, and passed out on the bed.