50. Kingsley

The car stopped, hiding away from the line of sight from the guards. Everyone looked to each other. Kanai smiled.

"Let's do this." He said, as the three of them got out. Lawrence stayed in the car. He would be their get away driver.

Milo and Kanai stood still, as Kingsley quickly snuck away to the side of the building. There was a gun shot, and the guards ran away from their posts. He raced through, and got inside. Suddenly, he was trampled by millions of of kids. He didn't know what was going on, but someone tried to pick him up and drag him along. But he pulled himself away, and let them all run away.

He turned around, his vision a pit blurry from his glasses being broken in the crossfire. He started running, looking for anything. But he couldn't find Irene or Wendy. Maybe they were with the crowd?

Then, he came across the red carpet. The one leading to a smaller building. His breathing became heavy. Could they... be in there?

He didn't have a choice. He had to check. He grabbed a pipe off the ground, and began running. He raced inside, the woman at the desk staring at him with wide eye. He pointed the end of the weapon at her, and ran past. There were lots of rooms. But... if they were here... which would they be in?

Suddenly, there was a bloodcurdling scream. One that had pain and agony written all over it. He sprinted to the room, kicking open the door. He was met with three surgeons... and Irene. He slammed the pipe into each of their heads, knocking them all to the floor. He pulled the straps loose.

"Come on! We gotta get out of here!" Kingsley said, pulling her up. He looked into get eyes. She had tears, as she smiled. A genuine one.
"Thank you..." she responded. He hugged her tight in a moment of instinct.
"Let's get out of here." He replied. Irene frowned a bit.
"I can't really move right now." She said. Her smile completely faded. "You have to get out of here. Leave me behind." That comment angered him. Why would he ever do that!?
"No! I'm not doing that!" He said, dropping the pipe to the ground. He pulled her up onto his back. If he was Philip Burton right now, he'd have no trouble carrying her. But he was Kingsley, that one extremely thin kid who could barely pick up the pipe on his own.
"No! It's fine! I want you to be safe!" She replied.
"I came here to save you and Wendy, and that's exactly what I'm going to do." He said, dragging her out of the room on his back... meeting face to face with two juvey cops.

Suddenly, they both fell to the floor. Wendy stood there, a baseball bat in her hands. She smirked at the two of them.

"Why do you look so surprised? You'd know I'd help you guys." She replied.
"Says the person who tried to run away." Kingsley laughed in response. She rolled her eyes.
"Whatever, let's get out of here. We've gotta get all the unwinds to safety." She said. They followed her outside, into the open. This was it. Everything would finally... be okay.