48. Wendy

No. Every since person. No. That was their answer. When they were asked to help them gain freedom, they said no.

Every single person at that harvest camp was weak. Was scared. Were idiots.

They were all going to die soon. And they wanted to sit around and do nothing. Wait for their inevitable doom. Wendy had bigger plans. Escape and find her group. The one she tried so many times to leave. But was willing to go back to.

She stopped to think. She was small, so maybe she could slip underneath the fence. After that, it was smooth sailing, right? The bad part was that the fences were bolted to the ground. So she wouldn't be able to crawl under if she tried.

She could jump off of the roof of the unwind hospital. But she'd have to find a way up there. And even if she DID jump off, she'd probably break her bones. Then security would catch her, and bring her back into the building.

Maybe she could find Irene. She never saw her walking around. So maybe she was somewhere-

Wait. That didn't make any sense. If she never saw her walking around, and she was brought to the harvest camp to. Wendy's heart sank.

Now it hit her. This was where she could end up. This is her ending place. The place she was going to die. She'd be stranded in her own mind, and be taken apart. To be disassembled. She started to take heavy breaths. No, she wasn't going to die. She was going to get out of here! She had to get out of here! Live on for herself and Irene!

She raced over to the fence, clawing her way at it. Making progress to the very top. She didn't care if she fell down. She had to try and survive.

Suddenly, someone yanked on her foot, pulling her to the ground.  She fell into the arms of a Juvey cop, who started to laugh. She felt her heart sink.

No! She couldn't let it end like this! She wasn't going to let this be her death! She was going to fight till the very end!

She started throwing herself around, as the cop grabbed her by the arms. She screeched, as she went back and forth, forcing herself away. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see officers coming her way. Another one grabbed her, and lifted her up off the ground.

She continuously kicked and screamed, as she did her best to free herself. She was like a wild animal, desperately trying to free themselves from their predator. Finally, she had enough. These people didn't care if she died, so why should she care about them?

She started scratching at the cops faces with her nails. One of them dug into one of their faces, causing them to bleed. She bit down on one of the officers arms, causing them to scream. But the other cops held onto her, keeping her from escaping. Wendy tried to scratch again, but her arms were held behind here back. She was dragged out of the fenced area, over to the red carpet.

The place where children walk to their deaths. But not for her. This was the struggle she would make to survive.

"WAIT!!!" Someone yelled, as Wendy was being dragged. She looked up, to see Irene standing there. She was wearing a long white dress, and her hair was curly. "Leave her alone!"
"Listen Weeping Angel, we're not gonna do what you say." One of the cops said.
"Unwind me instead." She said. Wendy felt fear strike her heart. The cops seemed a bit confused.
"Are you sure kid?" One of the officers said. Tears in her eyes, she nodded.
"NO IRENE!!! DON'T DO IT!!! PLEASE LEAVE ME BEHIND!!!" Wendy yelled, trying her best to get out of the cops grasp. She watched as she walked with two of them, while she was stuffed back into the courtyard. Tears fell down her face, as she clawed at the fence. Trying her best to get through it, as she watched her being taken away.

She stood, defeated. Wendy stared at the ground, as water fell to the ground. She couldn't keep it together. She turned around to the other unwinds, who watched in horror. She was furious. She was enraged. And most of all, she was determined.

"ALL OF YOU!!!" She yelled. "ARE YOU JUST GOING TO SIT AROUND AND DIE!? ARE YOU GOING TO WATCH AS ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE MEET THE SAME FATE YOU WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE!? OR ARE YOU GOING TO FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM!?" Everything was silent. "I'M GOING, WEATHER YOU ALL COME WTH ME OR NOT!!!"

She turned around, and started throwing herself at the fence. Over and over again, she pushed. It wasn't doing anything. The same result over and over and over again. Until it started to fall, as ever other person threw themselves at the fence. This was it. This was their freedom.

Just as she heard a gun shot, the fence fell. They all ran, pushing past guards. Every time someone was tranquilized by the cops, five more would rush through and help them up. They raced through the front doors, into the drop off area.

Wendy stopped. Irene was still in there. But... would she have enough time to save her? She took a step forward... pausing... and...