9. Wendy

Wendy stared at the two of them. This girl, who was apparently named Irene, was crying on the floor. The guy had fallen to her side and was trying to cheer her up.

Wendy always found these situations annoying. It happened all the time at her school. Someone would fall the floor and be the damsel in distress, while some boy would race over to their rescue. And then the next day they'd be dating. At first, everyone thought it was funny, but then overtime it just got really annoying.

Wendy really hoped that this situation wouldn't end like that. She didn't want to have to deal with some lovey dovey couple drama. If it did, she'd just walk away. Wouldn't even say anything. She'd just walk away from this dumb group, and try her best to find the other unwinds that she was starting to get through to.

The boy froze in place. Wendy stared for a moment, as his face was shocked, and he didn't move. Irene, seeming confused, stopped crying and backed away. He sat there, unmoving. Even his arms were still in the same place they had been when he tried to help her.

"Hello?" Irene said, waving her hand in front of his face. Wendy almost wanted to laugh. This was way more entertaining then she expected. But she knew she had to end it.
"WAKE UP!" She yelled, smacking him in the face. His glasses flew off, and a big red mark in the shape of a hand appeared on his cheek. He fell to the floor.
"Ow! What was that for!?" He screamed, quickly searching for his glasses.
"Well, sleepy head, you just froze up for some weird reason, and I saved you from your purgatory!" Wendy said. She thought that maybe overtime she could become the leader of this little group by manipulating each of them.
"Yeah right! All you did was smack me in the face! Even if something happened that's not justified!" He yelled back. Wendy didn't like that. She could feel her influence falling right through her hands.
"Let's not fight, okay? We've gotta find a place to stay for the night and have shelter." Irene explained. Wendy rolled her eyes, but she agreed with that statement.
"Fine." The boy said, pulling on his glasses. He stood up, and looked at the two of them.
"Hey, what are your guys names anyway?" Irene asked. Wendy looked to the boy first. She wasn't going to give her name unless he did it first.
"Oh, yeah. My name is Kingsley Alvarado." The boy explained. Suddenly, Wendy realized something. Maybe she shouldn't give out her name. She didn't want to be identified as that Fowler kid that got unwound. Or went AWOL. Then, she thought about it for a moment. If she shared her name, she could probably be seen as more respectable AND it could gain her some power among the group.
"I'm Wendy Fowler." She said with pride. She accepted them to ask her millions of questions. Like all the other people had.
"Cool. Alright, let's go." Kingsley said, before pulling out two giant duffle bags from behind the tree. Wendy didn't know if she should be surprised about having been shown such disrespect, or if she should be mad that he had two giant duffle bags, presumably with food and water stashed inside.
"What do you have in those bags!?" Wendy asked.
"Food, water, clothes. That sort of thing." Kingsley replied. Wendy could feel herself getting really hot headed, but she calmed herself down.
"Why didn't you tell us?"
"Because it wasn't relevant before." He replied. Wendy thought about it definitely was relevant, and he was being a jerk. But she pushed down these angry feelings. After all, she wasn't gonna give up that easily.