24. Lawrence

Lawrence drove over to the harvest camp. He didn't understand the name of it though. Making it a "Magic Kingdom" doesn't make it sound any better. It's still where children go to die.

He wandered inside, over to a lady at the front desk. She was an older woman with brown hair. She seemed completely uninterested, as she stared at her computer. Lawrence took a deep breath.

"Hello?" He said. The lady looked up at him, and sighed.
"What do you want?" She asked. Lawrence had come up with a good lie when he walked in, so he knew exactly what to see.
"My little sister, Wendy Fowler? I have reason to believe she was taken here. If I could say good bye to her one last time, it would mean the world to me." Lawrence replied. The woman looked at him unimpressed.
"Listen up, I already know what you're here to do. Hundreds of other people have already tried that trick, so don't bother." The woman snapped back. Lawrence glared at her, and began to walk away. "Also, I don't know what you mean by a 'Wendy Fowler'. No one has been submitted here with that sort of name." He stopped moving.

She wasn't at the harvest camp? So, she had gotten out already? This nearly made him jump for joy, but he contained himself. He managed to walk over to the car and get in, before yelling in excitement and joy.

She was alive, and had escaped! Living outside of the harvest camp. Lawrence should have seen this. Wendy always seemed to have that sort of rebellious attitude. Lawrence should have expected her to get out. Now he could find her without the problem of dealing with security. He turned on the car, and pulled out of the area, and began driving down the street.