8. Kingsley

Kingsley knew what his "parents" wanted him to do. Go to one of his hiding places that his parents knew about. He wasn't going to fall for that. Especially since he remembered the story. But also, he didn't know where his usual hiding spots were. Ever since that surgery, all of his remaining memories have been conflicting. He wished it wasn't, but he knows he can't change that.

One thing he did was raid the kitchen of his parents house with all the food, water and clothes he could fit in two backpacks. He also made sure to grab anything that he could remember having. Maybe it would help him remember everything. All the food he grabbed was canned. Beans, meat, fruits, veggies, that sort of thing. He grabbed chips and other things that were bad for him as well. But wanted to have something nice to eat while he was away.

He started to walk out the back door. That's when he heard a car pull up in the driveway. That's when he sprinted. Only stopping once to throw a thing of candy far in the opposite direction. This, he hoped, would make it so they wouldn't be able to find him.

He sprinted until he came upon a wall next to a neighborhood, which had been abandoned. All he knew was that he had to get over the wall, and he'd be safe. At least for a couple of months, until he had to head back to town to grab food. But that was a problem for future Kingsley.

He tried to throw the bags over the wall, but he was quickly crushed by the weight and fell to the ground. He looked at his arms. He could swear he had been stronger at some point. After a moment, he grabbed out a rope, and climbed to the top a house with the bags. He then swung the bags over to the wall, and he watched them fall to the other side. He smiled to himself, before picking up the rope.

He jumped on top of the wall. He nearly fell back to the other side, but managed to plant his feet to the ground. He took a moment to find a tree that had a branch sticking out, and grabbed onto it. He swung on it, before accidentally falling to the ground. But it wasn't to far down, so he was fine.

He sat up, checking to see if he had any cuts or scrapes. When he didn't, he stood up and grabbed the bags. He began walking, before taking refuge beside a tree.

After about thirty minutes, later, he heard some sort of crash. Kingsley quickly jumped back, before realizing it was coming from the other side of the wall. He listened from behind the tree. It sounded like shooting, and chaos.

Suddenly, two girls fell from the wall onto some bushes. He slightly peaked around the trunk, to see who they were. He took a couple of seconds, before hiding back behind the tree.

One was a girl with red hair, and looked generally small. Maybe around the age of eleven or twelve. The other was a girl with long dirty blonde hair in a ponytail, and a long white dress. They both seemed familiar to him. In a moment, he remembered the taller girl. It was that Weeping Angel he had seen on the news earlier.

He peaked back around the tree to see them both staring directly at him. In a panic, he started to run. But someone grabbed his wrist, before he fell to the ground.

"Wait! Stop!" The Weeping Angel said. Kingsley, sat up and stared at the two of them. "Do you need help?"
"No! I'm fine! Just, let me go!" Kingsley replied, trying to pull his wrist away. But she didn't let go. She stared at him. He could feel her eyes staring him in the soul. "Fine! Sure, I need help."
"Ugh I'm not dealing with this! I'm going to find my team of unwinds!" The short girl said, walking away.
"Wait, you guys are unwinds?" Kingsley asked.
"Well SHE isn't! She's a tithe!" The small girl yelled.
"I'm not a tithe!" The other replied. Kingsley stood up.
"Aren't you a Showcase Angel?" He asked. The two girls stared at him. "I saw it on the news. Irene Weber, was it?" The girl stared at him in shock, but nodded.
"HA! You're a Showcase Angel!? You must've royally messed up!" The smaller girl laughed.
"What!? No! I just..." Irene began. She stared at the floor, tears began to fall down her face. She fell down, and began to ball her eyes out.
"Hey! Wait, don't cry!" Kingsley replied, falling down next to her, trying to cheer Irene up. He lifted up her chin, to see her crying face. Suddenly, something flooded back into his mind. He froze up in place. It was a memory. She was crying in it. He didn't know what was going on in the memory, but he saw this very girl crying. That's all he knew. Well... it was a start at least.