7. Wendy

Wendy stopped with the other unwinds in an alleyway. She had stolen the wallet from the cop as well, so she decided to take them all to get some food. But they hid the cop car so it wouldn't be suspicious.

They walked over to a restaurant in the darkness. Though there were a couple of cars parked outside giving off some light. Wendy walked up to the counter with the other kids, and run the bell. Suddenly, out of nowhere, someone popped up from behind the counter, scaring her.

"Welcome to the Poppin Burger! My name is Vanessa Adams, can I take your order?" The lady asked. She looked to be around the same age as one of the unwinds in her group. Maybe sixteen years old?
"Hi, we'd like four cheeseburgers and fries. Oh, and an order of mini corn dogs. With some large milk shakes." Wendy ordered. She had asked the others what they wanted before they came in. The unwinds didn't really care, they just wanted food. The mini for dogs were for her, because she didn't like hamburgers or cheeseburgers.
"Alright! That'll be forty seven dollars and thirty nine cents." She explained. Wendy grabbed out a hundred dollar bill to make it easier for her. The lady pulled out the change and gave it to her. "Alright, I'll be out with your food in a minute!"

The group of unwinds sat down at a booth. Most of them looked scared. Wendy didn't like that very much. It made them stick out in the crowd.

"Guys, you have to calm down or we'll be caught!" She whispered to all of them. Though, even if she talked at a normal volume, not very many people would hear. Suddenly, the front door of the restaurant opened and closed with a ding. It was a cop who walked in.
"Hello there..." the cop began. They were talking to them. The cop gave them all suspicious looks. Wendy only stared back, a smirk on her face. "What are you doing out so late?"
"We're getting food. My dad forgot to pick us up something to eat while he was on the way home. So he let us decide whatever place we wanted to eat." Wendy explained. She felt so clever in herself. Such a great lie to get someone off the scent.
"Mr. Fowler let you walk down here to get food?" The cop asked. Wendy stared at him for a moment. She almost forgot that her family was famous. But she could twist this lie a bit more.
"Yes, he did. Is there a problem with that?" She replied. The cop glared at her, as she kept up the smug look on her face. She could tell without looking that the other unwinds were nervous.
"At a place like this?" He responded. Wendy glared at him, before speaking.
"I'm not the biggest fan of fancy food." She said. The cop stared at her, while she stared back. He shrugged his shoulders.
"Alright. You guys have a good night." He said, walking out of the building. Wendy didn't sigh until she saw the cop get into his car and drive away.
"How did you stay so calm!?" One of them asked. Wendy smirked.
"If you let any fear shine through, then people start to suspect you. My brother taught me that. It works like a charm." Wendy explained. She could feel that title as the leader falling onto her head.

All she wanted was to lead this dumb group of unwinds. What she wished for was to be able to lead millions of unwinds to make her one of the most dangerous kids to ever live. She'd show her parents that she wasn't some stupid kid that couldn't find out what to do with her life. She'd show them she was capable, smart and fearless.

"Alright, here you go!" Vanessa said. Yet again, popping up out of nowhere to scare Wendy. She almost got mad, until she saw the food. It actually looked like what it had shown on the sign. And it was pretty too.

They ate slowly, savoring each bite, which Wendy didn't understand. Only after they were all done she realized that they were worried it would be their last meal. But Wendy didn't really care. She just wanted them to be safe when they saw her. That would be the first accomplishment.

They all slept in the cop car that night. She woke up before everyone else, and waited. Once they were all awake, she decided to take them all for a joy ride. They drove speedily through an abandoned neighborhood, until, suddenly, they crashed into a cop car. It flew onto its side. Their car flew backwards too, but it wasn't extremely damaged. Just enough so that they wouldn't be able to drive it anymore.

Wendy and the others got out of the car. She was partly angry that the car crashed. But the other half felt great about hitting a cop car. Now those people wouldn't be able to take anyone else to be unwound. She turned back to the group, ready to start commanding people around.

"Hello!?" Someone said in desperation. Wendy slowly turned around, to face a girl in a long white dress. She could feel the scowl on her face. It was a tithe. A no good tithe.

She had a deep hatred for tithes. They basically marched on over to their deaths. They were stubborn, rude, and judged you based on the smallest of things. The fact that one was standing right behind her made her even angrier. So angry in fact that she didn't realize that this person was older then a tithe and had handcuffs on. And tithes never wear handcuffs.

"Ugh, are you a tithe!?" Wendy groaned. The girl stared back at her, before seeming a bit shocked.
"N- no I'm not-" the girl began. Wendy didn't wait for her to finish her response.
"Listen tithe, I'll unlock your handcuffs, but then you have to scram, got it?" She snapped back. The tithe stared back at her for a couple of seconds, as if she was thinking to herself.
"Okay." She replied. Wendy pulled out the keys from her pocket, and unlocked the handcuffs. Suddenly, tranq bullets began flying past all of the unwinds.
"Scatter!" Wendy yelled, as all the kids ran, all in different directions. She ran behind a rundown building. She realized that she needed someone to work with. But she'd seen someone run over in the same direction as her. So she would probably be fine. She turned around, before seeing the tithe. "Are you serious!? I'm stuck with you!?"
"Calm down! I won't be in your way." The tithe explained.
"THEY'RE BACK HERE!!!" Someone yelled. It sounded like a grown man. Wendy quickly began to run, the tithe following behind her.
"You gotta find your own way out of this!" Wendy said.
"I can't! This is the only way I can run!" The tithe replied. Suddenly, they came upon a wall. Wendy looked to the tithe, furious that her last moments of freedom would be with some dumb tithe who got her caught. She turned to look at her, before she realized they were gone. Was this all a figment of her imagination? "Grab my hand!" Wendy looked up to see the tithe reaching down from the top of the wall. Wendy, against her better judgement, jumped up onto a trashcan, and grabbed her hand.

The girl pulled her up onto the wall. They both fell down onto the other side, being cushioned by some bushes. Wendy stayed there for a couple of seconds. She couldn't believe it. Now she was working with a tithe... in a forest!?