28 - SENDING OFF

Recap

I don't have a say in this. Do I? I agreed because this is my fate and I'm fated to marry the vampire king and be his queen. All I ask for the Almighty now is to give me a husband who treats me as I deserve as I have already decided to embrace my fate.

__________________________________

King's POV

"She has agreed my Lord."

'Well I will send the people to fetch her' 'and didn't she object?'

"No my Lord. She accepted it readily"

'Leave'

Pfft. As expected she is a cunning fox, who would accept to marry a stranger except for some cunning person who is thirsty for wealth.

Sometimes I wonder what do humans get from betraying and cheating their partners.

I even considered cancelling the marriage but my fate says otherwise. I have to marry to conquer the world in simpler words to be stronger then others to rule over thousands of vampires.

I wish she could die before we get married.

But who knew that I would die with her in the future.

Y/n's POV

I spent the next day packing all my belongings. Jin, the maids and all others helped me pack. The entire house was a mess everyone were happy to hear the news of my marriage with the king except for me.

I just sat on my bed idly. Jin came in to my room and sat besides me.
"Y/n tomorrow you will be taken away. I'm sure he will treat you the way you deserve. And if he does something which you can't tolerate let me know. I will fight against him even if he is the king. Okay.... You have me your brother talk to me whenever you want to, write letters to me, I'll come to meet you often...." His voice cracked and I knew he would tear up any moment and he did.

Tears flowed from his beautiful eyes as I looked at him and I did too.

We hugged each other and sobbed together. And with a horrible voice I let out, 'I-i-i will really miss you. I will come back right to you if he is bad to me, I will write to you, i-i' and more tears dropped from my eyes. He pat my head, he took my face in his palms and wiped the tears from his thumbs.

"You look so ugly with a red face. And your going to get married soon quit worrying and be happy...... Mmmm"

"Now smile for me, smile, smile" And he tickled me as we both cracked up.

Time skip~

A beautiful morning and also the day I leave behind Jin and the others to get married to the king and live in a golden cage.

The Royal carriages were already waiting to take me away. I stood at the gate looking at the front. There is the house that became my home and gave me a lot of memories. Tears made their way to my eyes. All I have done from the past few days is cry. Jin pat my back.

I sat in the carriage and that had been the last time I ever stepped into the town.

Time skip~

The sun shining bright in the sky when the door of the carriage opened. I was asked to get down. I stood in front of a huge palace. It look ancient yet it's beauty was beyond excellence. The sculptures, the architecture, the designing. I fell in love with each and every tiny detail. This place truly has the best architecture I have ever got to see in entire life.

I was escorted inside and the interior it was a piece of art. I was shown to my room and was given a handmaid too.

Everything around me lavish. A life which I  never wanted but ended up getting it all.

The maid introduced herself. She her is named Areum. She explained me few rules and regulations of the castle that I had to follow from today. And she finally let me know that I would get married to the king tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow. She asked me to sit infront of the mirror so that she could try all sorts of makeup and hair style for my wedding. I did as I was asked and when she was finished she asked me to washup. Why did you so it in the first place?

After a shower she showed me the dress I would be wearing tomorrow. It was gorgeous yet it didn't gain my intrest because I never dreamed of my wedding to be hasty. And the icing on the cake is that I don't even know who the groom is. My life is funny enough.

Let's hope for the best I chanted as I laid on the bed.

__________________________________

I hope you all enjoyed it 🤩

Happy wedding y/niee........

Stay tuned for the upcoming chapter ☺️

~Softaellure ✨