31 - BALL

Recap

I walked down the stairs and when I was half the way down it a hand was placed on the small of my back and my left hand was held in the held in the hands of......

__________________________________

Taehyung's POV

A ball was arranged for the royals in accordance to celebrate my wedding. I dressed my self in a suit and the royal crown took it's place on my head. The day I was crowned as king of the vampire kingdom n number of responsibilities had creeped its way upto my shoulders, sacrifices were to be made. And all I believed was "Even though the pain within you is eating you up never let your pride and elegance touch the dust" and I followed it until now.

I had to showcase my love for the Queen to gain the trust and loyalty of all my allies. I saw her getting down the stairs and I decided to bring her with me. I went by her side and placed my hand on the small of her back and with the free hand of mine I held her left hand in mine. Her skin tensed at my touch at the first and later she relaxed.

We made an entrance and the crowd encouraged us with a round of applause. All the Kings and Queens bowed as I walked down. And that was the power I held among them being a blessed child had its own advantages. It created fear among the allies to not cross their boundaries and keep them in check.

I bent a little to reach her ear, "keep up with the act" I wishpered into her ear she looked at me for a second and I earned a nod from her. She smiled at the guests. I took her to an important friend of mine whom I considered my brother, Kim Namjoon.

"Long time no see friend.....", he came forward to hug me. I hugged him back gladly. "Congratulations on your wedding Taehyung", he smiled. 'Thank you hyung', "So who is the beauty besides you?", 'Y/n' she gave him a smile which he returned back. I nudged her, she looked into my eyes. We stared at each other for few minutes before moving our eyes somewhere else as we heard Namjoon and his wife giggle.

I cleared my throat. "Hiii.....Mr.Kim and Mrs.Kim". They erupted into giggles.

Y/n's POV

They laughed. Was I wrong?

"You haven't been around for a long time right. It's fine with us but other royals wouldn't accept" Mrs.Kim gave me smile which I was grateful for because she didn't treat me as an outcast.

'I'm sorry......' I bowed.

They smiled at me.

"Come let's leave these guys and have a few moments for ourselves" Mrs.Kim suggested to which I agreed.
Before leaving Mrs.Kim gave a peck to Mr.Kim and I found this interaction very cute. I could see in Mr.Kim's eyes the love he held for his wife and I felt a pang of jealousy yet I adored this couple.

"Let's set aside the formalities you are obviously younger than me so call me unni if you want to or Haneul also works" she said looping her arm around mine. I smiled, 'Haneul unni'. "I already like you" we giggled.

Time skip~

I was really thankful for Haneul's presence we enjoyed each other's company more than I expected. We bonded so quickly even before realising, we became best friends. She taught me how to greet the royals, she taught me how I being a queen should not apologize to others and many more.

She introduced me to some of her friends they all treated me as if I was one of them. I felt a little happier. Afterall this marriage is not so bad. Is it? Finally after days of crying I felt myself become cheerful. I decided to enjoy this moment as Haneul said.

We went around for drinks. Honestly I had never tried alcohol or wine. I wasn't a big fan of parties and drinks. But today was different I loved each and every moment of it. Unni had poured some of their classics of all time, Red wine. And when she got to know that I had never tasted any of it before she narrated the story of her first time drinking wine and believe me she is the funniest. She doesn't have tolorence for alcoholic drinks and Namjoon wouldn't let her have more of it. I found it really cute.

She even shared a secret that she was going to be a mother and she was planning on telling it to Namjoon during the dance. I was so happy for her, for them. She didn't drink but I did. For the first glass I pinched my nose and gulped it down in one go. It was bitter-sweet as it slid down my throat leaving behind the sweet taste of it. Haneul cheered me. I giggled at her actions. And after two glasses I felt myself feeling a bit tipsy and light headed.

When I took the fourth glass of the night to my lips a hand stopped me from taking and the owner was none other than my very own husband, Kim Taehyung. He took away the glass from my hand and said, "I think its enough for the night we have got more things to take care of" to which unni giggled I didn't understand at first but later she wishpered something in my ears which made my cheeks burn in a shade of red. It was evident through my actions what unni meant. She giggled and took leave after I promised her that I would visit her kingdom in a few days.

The host announced that it was time for the dance. Taehyung held my hand  and guided me to the dance floor.

__________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter 😍

Y/n's is having a great time after so long. I'll let her be happy from now on.

Stay tuned for the upcoming chapter ☺

~softaellure✨