29 - WEDDING

Recap

After a shower she showed me the dress I would be wearing tomorrow. It was gorgeous yet it didn't gain my intrest because I never dreamed of my wedding to be hasty. And the icing on the cake is that I don't even know who the groom is. My life is funny enough.

Let's hope for the best I chanted as I lied on the bed.

__________________________________

Author's POV

Dawn broke as the birds sang on every branch of the tree. It was the day where y/n will be getting married. The entire castle was busy in completing the required arrangements for the wedding of their king. People were up early getting dolled up to witness the wedding of the century. All of them were invited to the wedding. It was going to be held at one of the grand halls. People were eager to meet their future queen more than ever. On the other hand the king had locked himself in his office chambers working all night long. He went to his room to prepare himself for his wedding when the sunlight illuminated his office.

Y/n's POV

People around me we're too busy. I was being handled by more than 10 maids. Who wanted me to co-operate with them until they finished their business. I felt sick to my stomach. This uneasy feeling is it because it is my wedding today.

I haven't caught a glimpse of my soon-to-be-husband. Is he so old fashioned that only wants to meet his bride at alter.

I tried my best to focus something other than the wedding. I wish I could invite Jimin over he could have comforted me. Jimin I miss you.

Out of no where the maids started leaving my side as I looked in the mirror to find a familiar face staring at me.

'Him' why is he here?

King's POV

I have finally decided to appear in front of y/n but I'm not going to tell her I'm the king though. I stood in front of her room. I signalled the maids and all others in her room to wait outside.

She looked at me her face filled with shock and bewilderment. I couldn't expect less when she was going to know about my true self. I walked up to her.

"T-t-taehung?"
"What are you doing her? Perhaps do you work here. If yes can you..... "
She didn't complete the sentence. She took me to be one of the workers here. No worries she will get to know sooner or later.

'Why did you agree to the marriage?'

"I don't know", she sighed.

'Oh.......'

"Are you sure you want to get married?"

"It's the king's order. Do you think I want to? Do you think I can object him? It's inevitable. Anyway what are doing here?" Her eyes glistened.

'Passing by'

I left with that. Did she answer me genuinely or did she lie about it?

Time skip~

Y/n's POV

I was taken to the alter which was richly decorated with ribbons, flowers and anything and everything that made a place look more beautiful. I was seated in the waiting room and was asked to wait until the king made his entrance. The crowd roared with claps and comments and that's how I know that king had entered.

"The king has entered its time for you to make an Enterance my queen. Shall we go?" She announced I was asked to walk up to the king all alone with no one giving my hand in marriage to him. My wedding couldn't get any sadder. I took a deep breath to shake the tears away which were forming as I made my entrance. The crowd gasped as I walked to him with my head hung low. Did they not like me? Am I unfit to be a Queen. My grip on the flowers tightened with each step I took to him the crowd clapped when I reached him.

And when I was infront of him I closed my eyes scared to look at him. The Preist addressed the gathering and with each passing minute I grew more anxious. And with all courage I opened my eyes.

Starting at his feet he was tall way taller than I expected him to be. Slowly guiding my eyes upwards I looked at his outfit similar to the color of mine decorated with all rich gems and woven with gold which appeared on mine too. My eyes reached up to his shoulder and lingered on it for a few seconds. Taking another deep breath I finally looked up.

A very similar face showed up. To my surprise he was none other than Taehyung.

A wave of shock went down my spine making me ever alert. Taehyung.......is the king. King of Qucia. I'm going to be his Queen. Why...... Why didn't he tell me about him all this time? I went mute from the shock. My brain couldn't process the events occuring to me.

He stared right back at me with cold glare, no smile. He already knows me right but why is he glaring at me. Doesn't he want this wedding to happen? Was he forced? All kind of possible negative questions ran around my mind making me want to run away but I couldn't. I can't get out of this once I'm in Jin warned me didn't he? Now I'm trapped in this place forever.

Eventually the priest asked, "Do you Kang Y/n accept Kim Taehyung, the king of Qucia as your law fully wedded husband to love him to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

I looked at him and with last bit of hope I let out, 'Yes..... I do.'

"Do you Kim Taehyung accept Kang Y/n, to be the Queen of Qucia and as your law fully wedded wife to love her and to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

He paused. And with an emotionless face he said, "I do"

"Now I pronounce you as husband and wife. May the moon goddess provide you with many years of love, happiness and Togetherness"

And I am married. Married to the king. Married to Kim Taehyung. Will I be happy with him? Mostly importantly will he be happy with me?

__________________________________

I hope you all enjoyed it 🤩

Will they be happy together?😏

Stay tuned for the upcoming chapter ☺️

~Softaellure ✨