30 - WEDDED

Recap

"Now I pronounce you as husband and wife. My the moon goddess provide with many years of love, happiness and Togetherness"

And I am married. Married to the king. Married to Kim Taehyung. Will I be happy with him? Mostly importantly will he be happy with me?

__________________________________

Taehyung's POV

"You may now kiss the bride" The crowd cheered for us. It was the very last thing that i ever wanted to do. Kiss her. But i wasn't in a position to turn her down either. As result I did kiss.

Y/n's POV

My heart raced when the priest announced us to kiss. Fear creeping up its way. I was afraid of being turned down and I didn't expect the least.

But he stepped forward and reached for my face. He palmed my face with his big hands and leaned in. I closed my eyes as he minimized the distance between us when I waited for his lips to touch mine I couldn't be more wrong. He placed his thumb on my lips and kissed it. Others would have seen it has though we kissed but I knew that he rejected me as his wife by kissing his thumb. Tears made their way up to my eyes as I tried to calm my flustered self by nipping on my inner cheek.

Time skip~

The ceremony came to an end. He held my hands and brought me out of the alter. When we were out of sight from the people he dropped my hand harshly and glared at me. I felt so small under his sight, I wanted to hide. Hide from him forever. I was escorted back to my room and was asked to rest for sometime. Areum informed me that a ball would be held in the evening as after wedding party and also that she will come in a few hours to prepare me for the feist.

After long dreadful hours I was left alone. And I needed this more than anything. Some lonely time where I could let the built up frustration, anger, fear and all kinds of emotions I felt Into tears.

And all I did was that. I tore away all the jewels for my body. The pearls scattering around the entire room as my heart shattered into pieces with the tears pouring down my eyes. My voice croaked.

Time skip~

Author's POV

Y/n.

Life was never easy on her. First her parents decided to ignore her existence. Her friends decided to ignore her. She discovered her passion for reading and when she decided to read one such book she was brought to Qucia. Where she was fated to marry the king of vampire kind. And the king also decided to hate her existence. She was tired of all the occurrence but she was strong enough to withstand all of it.

Few hours passed by and y/n fell asleep while crying her heart out. Areum had knocked on the door but there was no response. So she decided to barge in. When she did so she was shocked to see y/n's state. All her jewels scattered on the floor. Things in the room were out of place. Y/n had placed her head on the edge of the bed and was fast asleep. Anyone who looked at her could tell that she was a mess. Dry tears stained her pretty face, her hair disheveled, a very unpleasant look rested on her face.

Areum debated on whether to wake her up or not, whether to ask her about her state or not. Atlast she decided to wake her up but not to question her about her state.

Y/n's POV

I felt someone shaking me. I slowly peeled my eyes open when I saw Areum standing in front of me with an indifferent expression. "My Queen, I'm sorry to disturb your sleep but it's time to prepare yourself for the ball. I gave her a nod and stood up from my position. My head hurt from all the crying. 'Could you get me some pain killers?' To which she agreed and called for someone. I expected her to ask about the room's condition but she didn't. Well, maybe she didn't want to bring up anything.

I was dressed in a beautiful Green dress and was decorated to be presentable in front of other Kings and Queens from the neighbouring kingdom.

Taehyung, he didn't even show up after the wedding. Didn't he feel the right to provide me an explanation about everything that is going on now? Probably he didn't because he doesn't care about how I feel.

Time skip~

The guests for the evening had gathered in the palace Hall. And the entire Hall was filled with chatter, clinking of glasses and slow music to which some of them had decided to dance with their partners.

I was asked to walk down the stairs and make a grand entrance. I felt my stomach doing flips at that. I was never a person who wanted be in spot light I was always the person who would stand alone enjoying my own company so when I was asked to make an entrance I felt too nervous. Areum had provided me an hour of training on how to walk in front of the royals. I had to be elegant at any cost. All she adviced me was that
"Even though your being eaten up by the pain within you, never let your pride nor your elegance touch the dust." And I couldn't relate to it more when she said being eaten up by the pain within you. I tried to show as much as elegance I could to not be made as an outcast on the very first day as a Queen.

I walked down the stairs and when I was half the way down it, a hand was placed on the small of my back and my left hand was held in the hands of......

__________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter 😍

Should I include a bit of romance in the next chapter? What do you think?

Stay tuned for the upcoming chapter ☺

~softaellure