26

Sage's Pov (before Taylor's birthday)
"Miss. If you keep this up... you can die to the terminal illness." The doctor said.

"You got anyone special to you?" She asked me as she checked my heart.

"I got a girl... was gonna ask her out but if I'm gonna die might as not huh." I said.

"Only if you keep this up. Smoking and drinking you'll die faster." She said.

"Nah. I would rather live a life than be in a non boring one." I said.

"What would your girl think?" She asked me.

"She probably wouldn't care... I mean I just met her a few months ago. And she lives all the way in Michigan and I couldn't possibly be with her all my life." I said.

"And why is that?" She asked me.

"Cause the only person that best fits her is her bestfriend. She says she would be with me and that they are only friends that have known each to her since childhood but... we all know they were meant for each other." I mumbled.

"Well what about your family." She asked me.

"Fucking sucks. Homophobic." I said.

"Let's face it. I got nothing to live for anymore." I said.

"I can t change your mind... but would you rather die alone." She said.

"Yeah. In fact I rather die alone. Than anyone to be sad over me."

~~~~~

Taylor's Pov
"Okay Taylor please. Calm down." Anna said.

"This fucking sucks! God! Worse birthday ever!" I yelled.

"Why is it hard to love me! Am I a.. am I the problem." I mumbled.

"No your not the problem. Sage is just hard to communicate with. It just wasn't suppose to be." Anna said.

She rubbed my back as I was trying very hard not to cry on my birthday.

"You know what. I'm just down the entire bottle and call it a day. I don't even want a celebration." I said pushing Anna away and going into the kitchen.

"Nah okay. Why don't we just celebrate. Why don't the three of us go to a dinner. You can buy any food you want." Anna said following.

"My dad even isn't here anymore! It's an 18th birthday. Supposedly to be a special one." I said as Anna looked at me.

"I don't give a fuck anymore. I don't want to see any of you." I said walking up with a glass and a bottle of wine.

I slammed my door and just cried into my pillow. I heard a knock and than the door rattling.

"Hey, I probably know you don't want to see anyone very much at the point. But Anna was thinking of taking you out to dinner and just throwing you a party? That way you can have fun. If you know what I mean." I heard Lily say and I looked at her.

"What kind of dinner?" I asked.

"Texas Roadhouse sound good?" She asked me and I popped my head up.

"God, I'm a sucker for steak. Let's go!" I said grabbing a sweatshirt and grabbing her hand racing down the stairs.

"Let's go! I'll pay with my dad's money!" I yelled.

"Wait.. whats this?" I mumbled running into a big box.

"Oh right thats, Sage's gift to you." Anna said.

"Eh, I'll open it later. Let's go! I'm starving here." I said running out the door.

"Oh hey okay. Your a little tipsy and I don't wanna die today so I'm gonna drive Tay." Anna said and I groaned.

I sat in the backseat before receiving thousands of text from annoynmus. Such as saying "Im sorry" and "Please, I have a reasonable explanation for this." I rolled my eyes blocking the number and before I even knew it, we were here.

~~~~~

Anna threw me a party and I could drink all the alcohol I wanted. Anna just had 911 on speed dial if I got alcohol poisoning.

"Oh my god! Hey Tyler!" I yelled giggling as he smiled.

"Wow... you are drunk. Partying your feelings out?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Oh yeah for sure." I said.

I felt him touching my waist. I was gonna push him off... but... IM FREE!

I danced with him as I can just feel that boner growing on him. Will I score a good one? I've heard Tyler was good in bed.

Suddenly I felt him being pulled away from me. I turned around to see Sage as I rolled my eyes to walk to the kitchen.

"Ah nope. Your gonna hear me out." She said taking my hand up to her room.

I tried to pull away but instead I felt her throw me over her shoulder.

"N-No. I'm way too drunk to talk." I mumbled.

"I know which is exactly why your gonna hear me out." She said.

I shook my head but felt her throw me on the soft soft bed. She sat on the bed next to me.

"If you talk to me now I will throw up on you." I said and she laughed.

"Funny. I have a heart failure disease." She said.

"Mhmm... that's fun to have." I giggled.

"No Tay I don't think you understand." She said but I couldn't comprehend the things she was saying.

I mumbled before letting my head fall onto her shoulders.

"Nah you know what... you want a birthday gift right?" She asked me and my eyes widen.

"BIRTHDAY GIFT!" I yelled in happiness.

"Just be patient... and if your uncomfortable or don't want me to continue just say it." She said kissing me.

"I don't want to do this while your drunk but I'm leaving tomorrow morning." She said.

"Yippee!" I yelled.

I let her take control of everything. Because even though she was a dick... I still trust her while I'm drunk.