34

Anna's POV
I watched as Taylor started to come out less. She stayed in her room and she only let me in. Keep wearing her oversize sweatshirts and occasionally some of mine.

I haven't seen her dad all week. I looked over at Taylor who was playing her Xbox. Modern warfare and she was pretty good at it.

The bruise was really dark that led from her bridge of her nose to the side of her right eye.

She also had a busted lip. She only told me that shit went down when she got home but that was all.

"Do you wanna get lunch?" I asked and she just ignored me.

"Tay-" I was saying before getting cut off.

"I don't want to go anywhere. Okay? Just drop it or leave." She said.

I've seen this. She has a few of these days. When her mom died she dug herself so deep and didn't go to school. She stayed in her room and punished herself for her moms death.

She didn't talk to anyone. She didn't let anyone in not even me. I knew she cried herself and starved because she felt like she was losing people and that it was her fault.

Eventually I got her out of it but sometimes she'll have those days.

Her dad changed too. He stopped being home and he stopped caring. He really was a good guy before Taylor moms died. He'd host the parties but now no one does or it's my family that does and he just drops by and then goes back.

I left her with some space as I walked out. I saw her dad on the way and he just glared at me.

"No you don't get to go back there and yell at her. She's suffered just as much as you." I said stopping him.

"Your lucky you have Taylor because today you would be in prison for abuse. The amount of pain you cause for the both of your child is just fucking sick." I said.

I started to walk to my car before hearing him again.

"No one will ever want a sick person as Taylor." I looked at him.

"She's sick and needs help. I mean mental help. She needs a mental hospital." He said.

"Your sick for thinking that. What would your wife think today." I said.

"SHES NOT HERE!" He yelled.

"If she was. She'd be fucking sick of you. How your treating your children. How bad Taylor was and has been." I said.

"You know nothing about our family." He said.

"I know everything. How it has affected you and how it affected Taylor and her brother Tyler." I said.

"I could report you to the police about your behavior." I said and he laughed.

"And who will take care of Taylor huh? She would have to move to her brothers house." He said.

"She can live with us." I said.

"Not worth the while. She'll be dead after that. What makes you think she can handle that? She has no family left?" He said and that's when he got me cornered.

"The worst she could do is killing herself. And we all know she's capable of doing that." He said.

I rolled my eyes pushing past him. I got in my car for a drive and hung out at my house for awhile. Then I went back and got sushi for Taylor.

She was already asleep curled up with her stuff animal. I crept quietly and laid the sushi out and crawled in bed with her.

She unintentional curled up against me with her head on my shoulder.

I put my hands under her hoodie as I realized she didn't have a bra on. I pulled her closer and rubbed my fingers on her back as I hear her light snores.

I watched tv until she woke up. She woke up to the smell of her sushi.

I took my hands out of her sweatshirt to get the sushi and a little cup for her soy sauce that she likes to have.

She laid against me eating it as I looked at her. She had bruises all over her legs...

"Taylor where did you get those bruises." I mumbled.

"I apparently fell down the stairs that night. Whatever. We both know it wasn't true." She said as I looked at her.

"I mean it's fine. Happens to often for sluts like me." She mumbled not even eating half the sushi and putting it away.

"Taylor you know that's not true." She said.

"Whatever, just leave it." She said getting frustrated.

"No Tay-" I was cut off when she slammed the door.

I was gonna open the door before feeling the door open fast making me catch it just in time before it hit me.

I saw Taylor as she looked wide eyes. Suddenly a bang on the door came as we heard her dads voice.

I saw Taylor scooting down the door and was sobbing.

"YOU FUCKING PISS ME OFF!" He yelled banging on the door again before we heard his footsteps fade.

Before I comforted Taylor I made her get in bed so she didn't have to be on the floor. She just curled up next to me sobbing as I played with her hair.

Sometimes you just need someone there. Not to talk about it, not for them to force you to wat. Just a shoulder to cry on.

A/n

I entered 3 stories on watty 2022 which are

Her tutor.
We only have one thing in common.
How can I help you.

Wish you guys the best of luck if you entered too.