31

Taylor's POV
I thought the euphoric feeling was the weed but the needle was empty. I stood up as the three looking at me.

"Oh wow. I thought you told me you didn't want to do it?" Bailey said and I looked at her.

"Woah you okay..." she said.

"I-... I don't remember putting this in me." I mumbled.

"Your probably just forgot. Here let me help you." She said taking the needle out as I winced.

Suddenly I got a call. I answered it as I heard a nurses voice.

"This is Taylor Lockwood correct?" I heard.

"I- Hmm yeah why?" I mumbled stumbling back.

"We need you immediately for Anna shumate. She got into a car wreck." She said and I groaned.

"Uhh okay I'll be there in a second." I said slurring my words.

I looked at the three who were laughing. I kept stumbling back when I hit my head on the wall.

That definitely knocked some sense into me. I went out the door rushing to my car with my phone as I called Anna's parents.

Anna put me for her first emergency caller to anything and I put her first for mine.

"I Uhh... Anna got into a car crash. I thinks she's at the hospital the one by Main St." I said and her mom gasped.

"Taylor are you okay? We're already coming but you don't sound so good." She said.

"Oh no I'm okay. I- Uh... I think." I mumble looking down at my arm.

Blood was dripping from my arm as I panicked to find a sweatshirt to cover it.

I didn't think of much while I was in there. I remember smoking another blunt and then that was all until I woke up.

I guess I just fucked in the brain? I don't know I just need to get to Anna first.

"H-Hey Uh... Siri." I yelled at the car as the stupid AI came on.

"C-Call Lily." I mumbled as the phone rang.

"ANSWER YOUR STUPID PHONE!" I yelled.

When I arrived at the hospitals before running at least over 3 curbs and 5 dumpsters I did it.

I rushed in as I felt a little sober but still feeling the euphoric feeling. I told the girl behind the counter the Annas name as she told me the room number.

I walked in first running into the door before actually getting into the room. Gladly Anna was awake when she saw me.

"I-I am so sorry I'm late." I mumbled grabbing a seat.

"T-Taylor why are you here? And what the hell is wrong with you." She said.

"I smoked a few blunts I think, maybe drank a few bottles too." I said not telling her about the drugs or she would have freaked out.

"YOU DROVE HERE DRUNK AND HIGH?!" She yelled.

"Well... you were in the hospital." I said and her face changed.

"H-How else would I get here when they called me." I said laying my head on her thigh.

"You came when you first heard?" She asked and I nodded.

"Why wouldn't I? Your my bestfriend I'd never turn you down." I said and I could see a genuine smile.

"I uhm tried calling Lily but she didn't answer." I said and her face turned to a frown.

"I love you so much..." I mumbled feeling my eyes heavy.

"Taylor? Taylor wake up." I mumbled feeling echoed voices.

Anna's POV
"She's just tired. Leave her." I said to mom as they walked in.

"We came as soon as Taylor called us." Dad said kissing the top of my head as I played with Taylor's blonde hair while she slept.

"Where's Lily?" Tommy said as I saw him.

"I-I don't know. My phones completely destroyed. It flew out when the car crashed into me." I said.

"Taylor tried calling her but she didn't pick up." I said as I looked at Taylor's heavy breathing.

She seems to be doing that ever since Sage left. I sat up taking her hand and rubbing my thumb over the top as the breathing slowly went down.

Suddenly a phone call went off. We all looked for who it was but it was Taylor's.

"It's Lily. You answer it." My dad said handing me Taylor's phone.

"Taylor? I've already left." I heard.

"L-Left? You left to go where?" I asked feeling tears in my eyes.

"A-Anna. I didn't know you were with Taylor." She said.

"No I'm in the hospital. I just got in a car crash but you were to busy for me." I said and the phone went dead.

"Lily..? Lily fucking answer me, I'm not letting you use me like this." I said.

"My dad made me move to Colorado. I'm sorry Anna I wish I could have find a easier way to tell you this. You know how Taylor and Sage's relationship ended out with long distance." She said before I could speak she spoke again.

"I wanna tell you that I have loved the times that me and you spent and I love you. But we will never make it like this." She said before hanging up the phone.

"No no no you answer this phone Lily!" I yelled calling her again but it went straight to voicemail.

"Anna..." I heard seeing Taylor.

"You were right... It's a family thing." I mumbled.

"No it wasn't that was a joke. They were both amazing but it just wasn't meant to be." She said cupping my face and gave me a light kiss on the top of her forehead.

I realize... I've been blind so much. Her lips were absolutely perfect. Her eyes were just the shade of blue color anyone would want.

She was the one friend who was willing to drive drunk and high to get to you. And she was willing to do anything with me that Lily would never have wanted to do with me...

She's the bestfriend everyone needed...

I think I've always had a crush on Taylor without even realizing it...