Chapter 2

My face stays blank as they discuss me. I'm not interested in what they're saying but I have to pretend I am. "Alright, I'm off. Remember you can call me at any time, Lucifer." Cory stands and I nod.

"Okay, bye." I wave her off and she sighs. I'm left alone in the sitting room as Mercury walks her out. Where are the other boys? My skin prickles in anticipation, as I feel eyes on me. I scan the house slowly, landing on a pair of blue eyes at the top of the stairs. I stare right back at the boy, part of his face obscured by the wall.

"Follow me and I will show you to your room." Mercury snaps me out of the staring contest. I look back at the steps and see that the boy is gone. I sigh, getting up from the sofa and clutching my suitcase. I motion for him to go on.

The room is basic. A bed with light blue sheets and a pillow, two dressers, and two small nightstands on each side of the bed. I enter the room, placing my luggage on the side. "Your bathroom is through that door and your closet is the one right next to it." He points to both doors, and I nod.

"Okay." I nod, turning to face him and he sighs.

"Lunch will be served in an hour, everyone must be downstairs in the dining room for meals. You can't miss it, it's the first door across from the stairs." He explains.

"Okay." I can see his eye twitch at my reply, but honestly, I can care. I only have to be here until they're caught, and since my parents are very narcissistic and need the spotlight on them at all times, they can't stay hidden for a long time.

"The rules are simple, the first rule is, to be respectful and kind to yourself and others. Second, no drinking without permission. Third, if you smoke do it outside, none of the boys here smoke, but outside is the only area you can smoke if you do. Fourth, before you leave let me know, when you're leaving, who you're going with, and what time you will be back. Last but not least, no one should skip a meal. All meals are to be had together." Mercury finishes and I nod, the rules are common sense.

"I don't smoke." I shrug. I never aspired to be a smoker anyways. I also don't drink either. It's not good for me or anyone in a ten-mile radius of me either.

"Okay, I'll come and get you when lunch is ready," Mercury says, he stands there for a couple more seconds, shuffling around awkwardly, and then he finally leaves.

I sigh, settling onto the plush mattress. The thought of being downstairs, surrounded by the others doesn't sit well with me, especially since Cory kept going on and on about how they are criminals. I'm not exactly innocent, but I'm also not a criminal.

I slowly unpack my bag, putting everything in the correct place. My bathroom is just as plain as my room, and I plan to leave it that way. I give it two months until they're caught again and then I'm free, able to live the life I want.

At 19, I should be in college, partying, sleeping around, not hiding away in some home for criminals, but alas, not everything can go as planned.