Chapter 1

"Remember Lucifer, you aren't going to this boy's home because you're a criminal or we think you need help, but it's to protect you. This is the only place we could find, and I don't think your parents will think to look for you here." Corey says once again, as we head towards said boy's home.

"Corey, it's okay. I understand." I sigh, hoping she doesn't repeat herself.

"I know, but remember these boys are criminals and they have done some bad things." She explains and I roll my eyes.

"I can hold my own." I finish the conversation as we pull up to a large home. I exit the car and grab the backpack and small suitcase that holds most of my belongings. I see a large man standing on the lawn and I ignore him.

"Hi, Mercury." Corey greets and I tune out the rest of the conversation as I look around the large property. I'm pulled into the house by Corey, and I snap back to reality. "Lucifer this is Mercury; he runs the boy's home. If you ever need anything you go directly to him." I nod, scanning over the man in front of me. If I'm being honest, he's gorgeous.

"Hello, Lucifer." He greets me with a pretty smile, and I nod in acknowledgment to him.

"Mercury." I greet back and then they go back to their conversation.