Chapter 30

N O A H M O O R E

My hands tremble as I pace outside his door. I haven't spoken to him, since I spilled the soup. I force those thoughts out of my head, willing myself to not get hard. My hand raises to knock on his door, but I sigh and place it back down.

Before leaving, I give his door another longing glance and then I head back to Fjord and Cistel. "Did you do it?" Cistel's slightly country accent peeps through and he bats his pretty lashes at me.

"No." I sigh, slumping in between them. "I chickened out again," I mumble.

"It's okay, Noah. There's always tomorrow." Fjord says, running his nimble fingers through my hair and I sigh again, this time in pleasure.

"Good night." They whisper to me, curling into a ball and I continue to lay awake, staring at the 'stars' on my ceiling. I quietly slip out of the bed and tiptoe to Lucifer's room.

I slowly open his door, my eyes immediately narrowing at him sound asleep on his bed. I move closer, trying to get a good glimpse of him fully rested. He looks peaceful asleep. I turn to make sure the door is closed and when I turn back around I'm face to face with a gun. "Whoa, don't shoot please." I raise my hands to show I'm unarmed.

"Noah, why are you sneaking around my room?" He drops the gun, placing it inside the drawer.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you, but you stayed in your room all day, then when I came here, you were already asleep, I was going to leave, I swear." I ramble and he just gives me a blank stare. "I knew this was a bad idea," I mumble to myself.

"What is a bad idea?" He sits on his bed, looking at my stand awkwardly in front of him.

"Never mind. I'm going to go now." I turn and head towards the door.

"Noah, come here." His voice becomes deeper, telling me that it's an order and I immediately follow it. "What is a bad idea? I want the real answer now."

"It's just- I," I take a deep breath, trying to collect my thoughts. "I want to apologize for my behavior a-and I want you to know that I do l-like you."

"I appreciate the apology, and I like you too." He says and it feels like I'm on cloud nine right now.

"Really?" I whisper, furrowing my brows together as I wring my hands in nervousness.

"Yes, really. Come, you can sleep next to me." He moves over, then pats the spot next to him in his bed. I climb in, trying to contain my excitement.

"Thank you." I beam up at him and he runs his fingers through my hair.

"No need to thank me. Now get some rest." I nod, snuggling further into him and drifting off to sleep.

~~

I'm woken up to light touches along my face. I slowly blink open my eyes, seeing Lucifer's smiling face. My eyes trace over his features and I can't help but to drown in his eyes. "Good morning." He says and his voice is slightly raspy, and I hum.

"Good morning." I whisper back, unsure of how to continue on. I don't know if he's going to just kick me out.

"What are you thinking about so hard?" He brushes the hair out of my eyes, and I blink up at him.

"I don't know. Nothing really." I brush off the awkwardness, threatening to form. He places his hand on my neck, and I move my face to give him more access to it. I love it when my throat is gripped.

"Yeah?" He asks retorically and I nod, feeling his hand tighten around my neck slightly. "Go get dressed, I'm taking you out for breakfast." He says and my heart skips in joy.

I pull out of his arms and skip to the door, his chuckle following behind me, but I'm so excited I don't even care.