Chapter 11

M I T E L  P E N L O C K

I harshly smash the potatoes, as I keep thinking of Lucifer. He seemed mighty happy to get away from us, probably to call that Cory chick. The guys are so wrapped up in him, they can't see how evil he actually is. I mean he choked Noah.

He comes here, thinking he can just control everything and that makes me furious. "What's wrong, my love?" Mercury's voice startles me and I see him standing in the door way.

"Nothing." I shrug, trying to act indifferently. I go back to making dinner, taking my anger out on it. "When will the other's get here?"

"By the end of this week. Now stop trying to avoid my question and answer me." Mercury's green eyes pierce through me and I sigh.

"Honestly, I don't want to talk about it." I tell him, and I hear him get closer to me. He wraps his arms around my waist, pressing a kiss to my temple and I melt into him.

"Whenever you're ready, I'll be here to listen." He whispers and I nod. I kiss his lips passionately, before pulling away and going back to cooking. Mercury backs away as his phone begins to ring. "Hello?" He stops and listens to the other person. "Yes, get whatever you think is best, we aren't picky." He nods. "Okay, bye."

"Who was that?" I ask, looking over my shoulder.

"Lucifer." I fight to keep off my scowl at the mention of his name. I just nod, not trusting my voice at the moment.

Mercury talks to me for a bit longer and then he heads to his office to finish up some work. I had Seraphin ask Trë to ask Sage to ask Dillion if he can run a background check on Lucifer and the information I got is enough to have anybody running for the hills.

~~

I tell James and Fjord to set the table as I begin to bring out food. Lucifer got back an hour ago with the wrapping paper and the others have been doing whatever it is that they do.

I call for everyone to come down and they do so, of course we're waiting for King Lucifer. I roll my eyes to myself, as he strolls in. He's wearing a tank top and some short shorts, and he looks good, really good, but I will not be tempted.

"Quick announcement, Solar and Pluto will be coming at the end of the week, so enjoy your freedom while you can." Mercury jokes and a couple of us laugh. Dinner is spent with everyone chatting, but I keep to myself, my eyes focused on my plate.

Am I a bit jealous that Ethan got to have Lucifer first? Yeah, but Ethan always goes first, so what makes this time any different. Ethan's MO is to act like a brat and then get punished for it later, that's what he did with Mercury and I. For the subs, he just gets really dominant. My eyes focus on Lucifer and I almost choke, when I see he's already staring at me.

My eyes quickly drop down to my plate. It's been awhile since I've properly submitted and knowing that there's someone in the house, who can properly put me in my place and I can push back as much as I want, but I can't have them is really frustrating. I refuse to be just another notch on his belt.

The others begin to clean up after they finished eating but I can still feel Lucifer's eyes on me. "Dinner was amazing, Mitel." His raspy voice says and I hold in the shiver that wants to crawl up my spine.

"Thanks." I snap slightly, as soon as I do I scold myself for such rude behavior. Usually I'm a nice guy, but for some reason I want to push Lucifer's buttons, see how long he'll let me disrespect him till he snaps and judging from Ethan's story, I give it two weeks max. This is only the third day.

I connect eyes with him and I can see something simmering within them. I want to get down on my knees and apologize, but I refuse too. I grab my dish, and begin to clean up my area, leaving Lucifer and Fjord at the table. Based on how much tension is in me tonight, I might join Mercury's bed, and Ethan can join us as well.

It's been awhile since the three of us did anything. The last time anything happened, we had to stop the session because I was pushing back to much and that forced them out of their headspace and it did the same for me as well. I head up to Mercury's room, after sending a text to Ethan to join us. My mouth waters at seeing him half naked. "Hey." I make my presence known, and he gives me a heart stopping smile over his shoulder.

"Hello, beautiful." He whistles slightly, and I fight off my blush. I know I look the furthest thing from beautiful right now. "Would you like to take a shower with me?" He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and I chuckle.

"Hope I didn't miss anything." Ethan's sultry voice says and I grin.

"We're going to take a shower, you wanna come?" I pull him to me and he nods, stripping off his pants. The shower is filled with light teasing and the water is cold by the time we get out.

"Let's watch a movie." Ethan suggests and we nod in agreement.

"I'm going to go get some snacks." I tell the boys, a pair of Mercury's boxers and his socks is all I have on, but Ethan put all the boys to bed before coming here and even if they were awake I wouldn't care. I tiptoe down the stairs careful not to make any noise as I overhear Lucifer's conversation.

"I don't care if you have to bring him back dead, you find him within the week or I'll make sure they don't find you." He sneers, before getting quiet. "I have no idea, why I put you in charge of such a large task, you obviously can't comprehend just how large this situation is." The way he's speaking is so demeaning, but it has my cock harder than granite. "Fix it, Chase." He sneers.

I hold the breath I want to let out as he hangs up the call. I race quietly up the stairs, then come back down a bit louder, and pull out my phone to make it seem like I wasn't listening in on his conversation. I fill up some bowls with snacks, feeling his eyes bore into me and I force myself not to tremble in excitement. "Mitel?" He calls and I look over my shoulder, hoping my face gives nothing away.

"Yes?" I push forth my annoyance, even though annoyance is the furthest thing from my mind.

"Next time, don't listen in on my conversation." He says and my heart stutters. How did he even know? He gives me a wicked grin and then leaves me in the kitchen, clutching the snacks to me.

I dash up the stairs, pushing this encounter to the back of my mind, for now.