Chapter 32

I take in the cut on his cheek and the silent tears streaming down his face as he's forced to kneel at my father's feet. Seeing him like this causes the anger inside me to grow. "You were given the name of a King." My father starts and I want to sigh in relief when I feel my phone buzz against my leg.

"I'm going to have to interrupt you there, Father. You see, you have crossed the line. You hitting me, sure I can handle it. Your nasty ass wife raping me? I can handle that too, but when someone threatens my people, I get very angry, and you know what happens when I'm angry father." My voice becomes a low growl.

"I made you, son. If it wasn't for me you'd be pathetic right now. Living a miserable life." His voice raises and I see him turning red.

"Mitel just so happens to be one of my people." I drop the gun and rub the side of my head with it. "You know when I was growing up, I thought you were the best person in the world, sure you argued alot with my mother, but at least you were normal. I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but why did you kill her?" His eyes widen slightly at my question and I hold off the chuckle I want to let out.

"She was in the way of your progress. You have to realize that your mother didn't see that you could be great. She wanted to coddle you, but me, I saw you as you are. You were made to be a god among men." I tilt my head as I listen to his deranged rambling.

"Let him go and then we'll leave, together." I propose and his eyes squint at me.

"He must've really captured your heart." Thomas drawls and I look over him again and he's starting to struggle again. I kneel before him, placing my hands on his slightly bruised cheeks.

"It's alright." I murmur to him, placing a kiss on his forehead and for the first time, he leans into my touch. "I will come back for you guys." I whisper against his ear.

"Don't go, I'm sorry for being so mean." He whimpers and my heart clenches. He's thinking I'm leaving because of him, I grit my teeth, forcing down the anger as I meet his slightly bruised eyes.

"You are perfect, Sweetheart. I will be back." I tell him and then my eyes meet those of Thomas and he signals that it's time to go.

I'm shoved into the car and I pray that Chase is tracking my phone. "I'm so glad you're coming home son.". Melody's voice is almost a hiss and I connect eyes with her in the mirror.

"It's not by choice, also I'm not your son." I spit at her and she just gives me that same disgustingly lustful smile that has my skin crawling.

"No need to be rude, Lucifer." My father pipes up, chuckling softly and I continue to grind my teeth together to stop my angry outburst. I want to laugh at their stupidity, because I still have my gun.

I raise it to the back of Thomas' head and shoot. Melody's screams peirce the air and I smile. "Now listen here, mom, stop the car or I will kill you next." I sneer and she does as I say.

"Don't kill me." She whimpers as I push her out the car.

"You should've thought about that before holding my boy at gun point and hitting him." I aim my gun at her head and before she can speak again, I shoot her on the spot.

I dump Thomas on the same road with his wife. "Chase, check my location and send the clean up." I get into the car and turn it around to head back to the boys home.

"Already did that, boss." He says and I thank him, then hang up. I look down at the blood stained t-shirt and grimace. I don't want them to see me like this, but I know that as soon as I enter into the house they'll bombard me with questions.