Chapter 49

Epilogue

The days pass quickly as we enjoy this little vacation and I see the boys become more relaxed and ready for whatever day-to-day life brings us. The flight back home was calm and as soon as we got back, I had to testify against the Russian Mafia leader.

"Master!" James squealed as I tickle him. I chuckle as he tries to run away from me. I place a chaste kiss on his lips and then pull away from him.

"Go on." I pat his bum and he scurries away. I sit on the sofa, sighing softly as I study Finn. He just sits there and stays to himself. "Hi, Finn." I greet him softly, and he flinches slightly.

"Hello." He mutters keeping his eyes trained on his hands and I refrain from sighing.

"What do you do for fun?" I struggle to find something to talk about because honestly, it's awkward right now.

"I don't know." He murmurs and I nod in understanding.

"Why did you come here?" I mean I know the reason, but I want him to tell me.

"I killed my dad." His voice breaks slightly and my heart clenches for him. He was abused for so long that he just snapped and killed the man. While the judge understood why Finn's father is very wealthy and people were demanding justice for him.

"It's not your fault, Finn," I tell him truthfully and he nods. "I'm serious, you can only take so much until you snap." I grab his hands and force his eyes to meet mine.

"Thank you." I nod it away and smile at him.

"Come, let's go outside." I pull him up and together we walk to the back door for a walk.

"Why are you being nice to me?" He asks ten minutes into the walk and this time I sigh.

"I don't have a reason why I'm being nice, just enjoy it," I tell him, and he nods slightly. We sit on some leaves in silence.

After a while, we head back since lunch was approaching. "Hi, Daddy," Mercury whispers in my ear and I place a chaste kiss on his chest, and I move to sit at the head of the table with him beside me. I look around the table, a slow smile spreading across my face, as I take in my boys.

I never knew I could feel love for another being as deep as this and I love it even more. I love the fact that I'm nothing like the people who raised me, that I have risen, and I know I wouldn't have been able to do this without these boys. I know it's not going to be easy, but I'm willing to do anything to keep this love.

The End