Chapter 19

I say my goodbyes to Cory. She's getting ready to drive to the airport, so she can catch her flight. "I'll call you when I land." She promises and I nod.

"You better." I tease slightly, and she chuckles. I pull her into my arms, and she squeezes me tightly. "Alright, go, before you miss your flight." I push her towards her car.

"Alright, alright, bye." I chuckle, she pulls out the driveway, waving goodbye at me. I turn to the house, my eyes connecting with Fjord's. I can see anger shimmering in his blue eyes, but I pay him no attention.

"Lucifer, please meet me in my office." Mercury calls from the top of the stairs and I sigh, taking off my shoes, before heading up to his office. I knock lightly on the door. "Come in."

"You called?" I sit in the offered chair, slumping into it slightly.

"Yes, I just wanted to let you know that both Solar and Pluto, will be hosting an event later on tonight. It would mean alot if you could join, but you don't have too. It's okay if you don't want to join, but we would like it if you could." He continues to ramble and I see him twist his fingers nervously.

"Mercury." I call his name softly, but he's so wrapped up in what he's saying he doesn't even respond. I tap my fingers on his cheek softly, and his eyes snap to mine. "Mercury, I would love to come." I tell him honestly and he releases a shaky sigh.

"Ah, thank you." He murmurs and I give him a soft smile. He's such a shy boy around me, it's so cute.

"No need to thank me." I tap his cheek one last time and then get up to exit his office.

"Uh, Lucifer?" He calls out behind me, right when I'm about to close the door.

"Yes?" I stick my head back through the door.

"I'm sorry if the boys did anything you weren't comfortable with. I have talk to them and they will be more than respectful now." He keeps wringing his hands together, and I want to sigh. Such a nervous boy.

"It's honestly okay, you have nothing to worry about, sweetheart." I keep my voice light with him. I never seen someone so nervous, like he's afraid I will snap on him or something. "You have done nothing wrong."

"Yes, thank you." He forces himself to meet my eyes, but he looks away quickly. I catch a small glimpse of his greenish brown eyes.

"Once again, no need to thank me, sweetheart." I tell him softly. He nods and then I close the door softly behind me and sigh.

Something happened to Mercury. I know he's a switch, but I've never even met a sub as nervous as he is. Did I do something to make him this way around me? Around the other boys, he is confident, but with me he curls into himself, tries to make himself smaller.

I think back to that door upstairs and decide to go back to it. I scan the black door in front of me, seeing how I can get into it. I run my hands along the top of the door frame and feel the key taped to the ledge. I grab it, stuffing it into the lock and I hear the click telling me the door is unlock.

It swings open and I take a deep breath at what's in front of me. The room has glass all over the floor, but that's not what's surprising. On the wall, Mercury's name is spelled out into scribbled words, in what looks like blood. I close the door behind me, locking it and slipping the key back where I found it, before heading back to my room.

My eyes find the camera and I leave my room again, pulling out my phone to call Chase. "Hello?" His squeaky voice sounds throughout the phone.

"I want every peice of information you have on a man named Mercury Lialia. You have four hours." I tell him, then hang up the phone. I sit down on the pool bed, running my fingers through my hair. I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I need answers and I doubt that Mercury will tell me. He can barely hold a conversation with me.