Chapter 25

Fifteen minutes later, he's ready to go. I stretch my hand out for his and this time he doesn't hesitate to grab it. "I'm going to start taking you and the boys on one-on-one dates with me, if y'all are okay with that." I tell him, we walk down the stairs and towards the front door after grabbing Mercury a bottle of water.

"Yes, we'll love that." He nods enthusiastically. I chuckle and bring him to the only car left in the garage. I open the passenger door for him, then move to the driver's side.

I check that his seatbelt is on, before putting on my own and then I pull out the driveway and head towards town. I drive for about an hour then park right outside the fair. Not many people know that the fair is in town, so I'll be bringing Mercury to it, as a first date.

The last time we hung out I could tell his inner kid was dying to come out and what better way to let it out then at the fair? "Quick rules, you are to hold my hand when we are walking, no running off, if you want something just ask me and we'll go get it, understand?" I tell him and he nods, I raise my brow at him, as I wait for him to give me a verbal answer.

"Yes, I understand." I nod, I'm not going to force any of the boys to call me a certain title, whatever they're comfortable with, I'll accept as long as it's not disrespectful. I get out the car and open the door for Mercury.

His hand is placed tightly in mine, as we buy our tickets and we're waved through. Laughter and squeals are all we hear and I watch as his eyes light up and a big smile grace his face. I give myself a mental pat on the back and bring him to the first stall.

The fair is spent with us laughing and talking and I'm glad we got to do this together. I've never seen him so happy and free. I lead us back to the car, carrying the giant stuffed panda, over my shoulder. "Go sit in the car, Sweetheart." I unlock the door and move towards the backseat to push the panda in.

I hop into the driver's seat and then we're off to a fast food restaurant for something quick and simple to eat. I order him some nuggets and fries, with a soda and I get the same, but with a burger. We eat in the car and I watch as he animatedly explains what he loves so much about the fair. "Why are you staring at me like that?" He murmurs, a light blush on his cheeks.

"Like what?" I tilt my head, my eyes taking in every feature of his face.

"Like you want to eat me." He mutters and I chuckle, catching his eyes. He has such pretty eyes.

"I'm glad that I got to make you happy, that's all." I shrug, grabbing our trash and throwing it away. "Do you want anything else before we head home, Sweetheart?"

"No, thank you. We have left over dessert at home." He says and I nod. I lead him to the car, opening his door. I see it's early evening, by the time we get to the house.

The boys are still gone, but in the next five to ten minutes they'll be back, judging by the message Dillion just sent me. I grab some dessert for Mercury and put on something to watch.

As much as I know I shouldn't, I can't help but to watch him. You would think he'd be so tough and mean, but he's nice and gentle and I love it. I play with the ends of his hair, my fingers brushing over his neck slightly. "Thank you for coming out with me today." I tell him sincerely, continuing my exploration of his neck and the ends of his hair.

"Thank you for having me." He says, after swallowing a mouthful of pie. I give him a small smile and he returns it. The door opens and closes, then loud chatter fills the house.

"Sir! You're back!" Most of the boys scream, then throw themselves into Mercury's arms. His laughter is clearly heard and I sigh in contentment.

My eyes catches the gaze of Ethan. "Thank you." He mouths, a smile on his face and I just nod, smiling back. They continue until it lands on Mitel, who seems to be glaring at me. I give him a smile too.