In the Shadows of Deception

"Daddy, rest well. Good night," I smiled and told him.

"My baby, are you going to sleep so early? Are you sick? Should I call a doctor?" he asked with concern.

"No, Daddy, I'm just tired."

"Okay, good night, darling."

I made my way to my room, with Jannat following closely behind.

"Jannat, you may leave," I dismissed my servant.

"Yes, my lady."

It was time to check on my servants.

I quickly donned a simple dress that was readily available and covered my face with a mask. With careful steps, I silently made my way to the balcony on the third floor. I clung onto a nearby tree, moving with cautious agility as I gracefully slid down.

My first destination was the servants' quarters.

I moved like a lion stalking its prey, careful not to awaken anyone. The chef was missing, and the dresser was nowhere to be found.

Next, I proceeded to the garden.

The gardener was sound asleep in his room.

I continued to check around the mansion. Though the knights of House Mackil were strong, none of them sensed my presence. My agility and experience ensured my stealth.

"My body is still weak. I will need extensive training if I want to defeat my enemies," I thought to myself.

"Now, the chef and dresser are suspects colluding with Jannat."

I decided to pause my search for the traitors and allow my body some time to regain strength.

Leaving the manor, I ventured into the back alley. It was a place filled with dangers.

Lurking in the shadows were thieves disguised as beggars, making the slums their home.

As I arrived in the back alley, darkness enveloped me. There was no light, not even the moonlight could penetrate through.

The Death Queen, with her well-trained night vision, navigated the darkness effortlessly. I spotted young children huddled together, shivering from the cold and lacking proper clothing.

It wasn't the time for sympathy. I had a mission to acquire a ticket for the auction, which was only sold in this eerie alley at night.

An old building covered in creepers stood before me. According to the novel, a dilapidated building overrun by plants and creepers was the place to obtain auction tickets.

"Knock, knock," I rapped on the window.

An elderly man opened the window cautiously and asked what I wanted.

"I want cherry liquor," I replied, using the secret phrase to inquire about the auction ticket mentioned in the novel.

"The moon is shining a blue light," the old man responded.

"Blue eyes are as bright as diamonds," I answered.

"Please come in, Young Lord."

The shopkeeper couldn't discern my gender, as I was disguised with a mask and had tied my dress like pants.

Entering the building, I discovered a stark contrast to the exterior. The interior shimmered with candlelight and gems adorning the ceilings.

"Lord, this way, please," the old man led me to a room.

There, I was presented with a pamphlet that detailed the available ticket options.

The bronze ticket costed 20 gold.

The silver ticket costed 100 gold.

The gold ticket costed 250 gold.

"Better not attract too much attention by buying a gold ticket, but the bronze ticket won't allow me to purchase much else," I contemplated.

"I would like to purchase the silver ticket," I finally decided.

"Yes, Young Lord," the old man acknowledged my choice.

"When is the time of the auction?"

"The next auction will be held three days from today, at midnight."