I will find you

[ WARNING - THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES MURDER AND BLOOD SCENES WITH ABUSIVE WORDS]

This unforeseen encounter proved to be a boon for Helen, providing an opportunity to put her skills to the test and bolster her confidence in her mastery of the wind element. With each beast felled, Helen's assurance in her abilities soared, cementing her belief that none could rival her proficiency in wielding the power of the wind.

Amidst the chaos of battle, Brake, Helen, and the knights fought valiantly, dispatching beasts and erecting traps to stall their advance. As the Duke engaged the enemy, he found himself encircled by three monstrous dogs-creatures with dual heads and razor-sharp claws, known for their coordinated attacks.

Undeterred, the Duke summoned all his strength and charged towards the nearest dog, swiftly cleaving through its neck with his gleaming sword. With precision and speed, he then turned his blade towards the dog poised to strike, severing its legs and sending it crashing to the ground in agony, its cries echoing through the fray.

Meanwhile, the third dog targeted Brake, its intentions clear. Yet, before it could execute its attack, Helen swooped in, flying to the rescue. With deft precision, she plunged her knives into the creature's eyes, extracting its sight and causing blood to gush from its sockets. Enraged and disoriented, the blinded beast lashed out indiscriminately, its frenzied assault endangering all in its path.

Seizing the opportunity, the Duke hurled his sword towards the blinded creature, the blade finding its mark and piercing its heart with unyielding force. As the sword penetrated the monster's tough hide, the Duke's blue flames ignited, consuming flesh and bone in a fiery inferno, vanquishing the threat once and for all.
... All three dogs lay dead on the forest floor. Helen and Brake exchanged a glance, a silent acknowledgment passing between them as they fought side by side. Helen smirked and addressed the Duke, "You acquitted yourself admirably."

Brakinson replied, "Thank you. Wait for me after the battle. I will express my gratitude properly."

Curiosity gnawed at the Duke's mind, driving him to uncover the identity of his mysterious savior. Though he knew of only one woman with white hair and red eyes-the heiress of Mackil Dukedom, Helen Mackil-his thoughts dismissed the possibility, as Helen was reputed to possess no elemental powers. Little did he suspect that the enigmatic beauty who had aided him was none other than the infamous villainess herself, Helen.

As the soldiers tended to their wounded comrades, Brakinson stood vigil, his gaze scanning the surroundings for the elusive savior. Yet, despite his efforts, the lady remained elusive, concealed within the shadows of the forest.

Frustration mounting, the Duke ordered Paul and the knights to scour the area in search of the mysterious woman. However, their efforts proved futile as the assassin queen remained hidden among the foliage, evading detection with ease.

Disheartened by their failure, the Duke called out into the night, his voice a mix of gratitude and longing, "Thank you... I will find you, even if I have to search the depths of a dark abyss... My lady... Wait for me."

Perched in the treetops, Helen listened to the Duke's proclamation with a sly grin, relishing the game of cat and mouse she had initiated.

After ensuring the soldiers had dispersed, Helen descended from her hiding spot and approached her patiently waiting horse. With a gentle pat and whispered words of gratitude, she mounted the steed and rode off into the night, determined to retreat to the safety of her manor.

In the aftermath of the battle, as Duke Brakinson and Paul regrouped in their tent, a distant sound pierced the stillness of the night-the unmistakable neigh of a horse. Reacting swiftly, the Duke rushed outside, his keen senses guiding him towards the source of the noise, followed closely by a concerned Paul.

An air of disappointment settled over Brakinson as he realized the opportunity to discover his savior's identity had slipped through his grasp, lost in the darkness of the forest.